Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
supercharged 304 build - Page 3
Bulltear Ad
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: supercharged 304 build

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    You won't get the HP numbers you're looking for without port/polish and bigger valves on the heads. I'm not talking radical, just cleaning up the casting flash and smoothing the runners. With factory heads/valves, you might get 1 HP/cu in, maybe a little over 300.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    You definately dont need to polish. Port work can help but compression and a good cam would be a good start.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Bulltear forum member Cook
    alright well il have to see what he wants to do after he's looked at it and try to convince him into using the bigger valves

Helpfull BT forum member Swabie
    The power numbers you are looking for (400hp) will be difficult w/ the little 304 (difficult is just another way of saying EXPENSIVE). I think you might be happier with a nice 'normal' performance build and then add a shot of N2O for those rare times when you really need the power. This will most likely be the most cost effective way to hit 400 hp and you'll have a reliable / drivable engine for the 99% of the time you don't need 400 hp.
    80 CJ7, 401, T18, Dana60/14bolt ...

Bulltear forum member Cook
    i agree with that statement but i would also be fine with only 300 horsepower with hopes of getting that and maybe 400 torque so far i only have a estimated price for labor coming in at a little over a grand