Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
WALT'S 1968 AMC AMX - Page 15
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: WALT'S 1968 AMC AMX

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    Jay from Washinton, thanks for the e-mail,I was not thinking and did not save it . Please do it again with your phone number.You called me,but new touch phone,learing to use it and lost your number. AMX is almost done last pull was 477 HP at the tires. Walt QUICKAMX@SBCGLOBAL.NET 916-747-0051

Hi guys here it is final numbers I dont know how to show you the dyno chart but my boy will, REAR WHEEL HP 502.9 TORQ 548.7 ,I AM HAPPY ,STREET GAS JUST THRU THE INTERCOLLER . WALT

DYNO CHARTS

DYNO CHARTS FROM PAST TO PRESENT MANUAL AUTOMATIC TO 4SPEED TO SUPERCHARGED. DON FROM MOTOR MACHINE THINKS HE CAN GET MORE OUT OF IT. IM OK WITH WHERE IT IS.

Name:  image-5.jpg
Views: 898
Size:  92.8 KBName:  image-2.jpg
Views: 723
Size:  85.0 KBName:  image-3.jpg
Views: 865
Size:  78.3 KB

Hi guys this is it one torky rambler.Walt

Name:  IMG_1240.jpg
Views: 867
Size:  99.7 KB

This is stan..... I'm a frend of walt's and have helped him thru the whole process with this amx for over 20 plus years.!! After getting his amx back from don's motor machine shop, he drove it home and told me i had to drive it.we always go down the freeway and head back to his house which is about a mile away. We use an on ramp which is shielded from the freeway by large trees and bushes. I got on the on ramp, slowly,shifted to second gear at about maybe 20 mph then nailed it. It pulled strong,then, all hell broke loose when the boost came in. The ass end came around to the left about 45 degrees.... Had i stayed in it another half second we would [ or ishould say i would] have rolled it over or done a 360 right there. All we could see was the trees and bushes out the the windshield, i corrected and then all we could see was the slope on the other side of the on ramp. We made it !! Both shook up !! All walt has wanted was a strong street car..... Well buddy he has it!!! That mother has so much frigging torque at low rpm..... And pulls so strong all the way. We crawled back to his place on the freeway,put the car in the garage and went to the bar! Shook the shit out of both of us. I realized i'm [ too frigging old ] to handle it!

Hi guys car is to much for me, but I would like to make it right for my son,or next owner. I know the rear end is the weak link, ford 9 inch with disc brakes sounds best to me. Anyone have advice I would welcome it ,thank you Walt.

Bulltear forum member Cook
    Walt
    Goops here. I run a 9 in with disc brakes in my rebel wagon. It is out of a Lincoln Versailles and should be the correct width for your car. Should be able to find one in your area.
    After you install it you will probably need better brake boost and i went to a hydroboot system. I use Mosher spool and 33 spline Mosher axles in mine.
    Goops

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Superchargers are a riot. You have to be careful or they get away from you fast. Especially when your not on a track and are staged with slicks.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    503 rear wheel hp and almost a 200hp gain is really a good number. And at over 360 ftlbs of torque I would say that supercharger in the AMX should be the cheapest power upgrade per benefit.
    Last edited by jeepsr4ever; 08-07-2014 at 11:45 AM.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Hi I am Walt, if anyone would like information on this supercharger setup ,fell free to call me at 916-747-0051 7 to 9 am pacific time thanks.