Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: WALT'S 1968 AMC AMX

Bulltear forum member Cook
    Walt
    I am in process of installing Meth kit on my wagon , I made a bung and welded into alum pipe threaded it for injection valve.
    Norm
    You might want to keep your 750 carb you are trying to sell it has annular boosters that you need and a 750 would probably be a good size for your car with suoercharger.
    Goops

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    Goops. You lost me Meth kit?

Walt
    I meant methanol injection as Norm posted in post above mine . He mentioned Snow but I am using Coolingmist products. Basically just injecting combination of water and methanol to cool airflow.
    Goops

Thank you if this dont work out may try that.I had a 1970 Chev pickup with a small block 400 in it .I built the motor not thinking about com. rato had way to much ,got by using a MSD ping control and water injection and I would add something to the water it was so so,but the nozzels would plug up a lot.

Well we got the new intercooler on and that helped a little ,but I was hoping for more boost.Intake manifold psi went from 0 to 3 psi was hoping for 6 or so.

pulley size

Walt
    what size pulley are you using? I started with 3.80 then went to 3.47 now 3.33 and will probably go to 2.87. It seems as I fix 1 problem it resets everything else. This is with a 6.2 bottom pulley and 6000 rpm. It will be a good combination once We get it all figured out, problem of being first ones to attempt it .Is your belt slipping?? I made a turnbuckle to adjust alt similar to what Marsh have on there serpentine belt setup and has made it easy to get slippage out of belt. I also went to HD belt Green color and more rigid.
    Don;t get to fed up were getting closer to what we expected.
    Goops

USING THE 2.87 PULLY NOW,THAT WAS AT 5,000 RPM, DON DID NOT SEE A INCRESS IN BOOST, DID NOT WANT TO BEAT UP THE MOTOR FOR NOR REASION

Thank you from BT Jedi gear head
    What is lambda reading during the pull?
    1979 Jeep CJ-7 401 AMC, GMC 6-71 Blower 10% overdrive, Bugcatcher with electronic fuel injection and a little N2O for fun, all self built. (this supercharger stuff is easy)

Sorry never heard the term lambda, good for you and your jeep. We are trying to find out why the low boost ? Thinking to much piping onlo 3 lbs.

Well we are now going to install a SI impeller and see what that makes.