Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: WALT'S 1968 AMC AMX

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    PUT THE GRILL AND BUMPER BACK ON I SEE I HAVE A POWER STEERING LEAK, WAIT FOR THE CARB.

Name:  IMG_1075.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  94.4 KBName:  IMG_1076.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  97.1 KBName:  IMG_1077.jpg
Views: 735
Size:  96.8 KBName:  IMG_1078.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  95.4 KB

Extra parts that I had ordered then changed mind,or confused and ordered to many.Want to sell all together.All stainless 2 1/2 in.,red fittings 2 1/2 in. 2ea. black 3 1/2 to3 in.reducers.2 1/2 to 2 1/2 reducer.2 3/4 to 3 in. red reducer.3to2 1/2 90. 2 1/2 to 2/1/2 coupling. 3 in.by 3 ft. air inlet flex line. Heavy duty 3 1/2 hose clamp. Air filter 3 in. inlet. A few fittings were cut and not used. Asking $140.00 plus shipping for all.Thank you Walt 916-747-0051or e-mail Quickamx@sbcglobal.net . If you call 8 to 12 pacific time.

Name:  IMG_1105.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  98.1 KB

Bulltear forum member Cook
    WALT
    what did you use for timing retard system and where did you install blow off valve. Any miles on it yet or you tube videos so I can hear it.Thanks for posting your progress as was very informative.
    Goops

Goops I have a MSD 6 BTM and a Mallory distributor with centrifugal advance only not installed yet. Drove it about 4 mi. warm here 93 degrees .Idle was to high 1000 rpm. motor getting warmer then normal, called it a day. I did not check the timing yet I pulled of the vacuum advance [ maybe thats making it run warmer with less advance ?] Blow off valve is on the supercharger discharge going to the intercooler. It will be on you tube down the road. Will check things out tomorrow hope to make it to a car show Sunday.

Name:  IMG_1110.jpg
Views: 683
Size:  96.9 KB

She runs but not good, stumbles we tried our best for a few days. We played with fuel psi, spark advance, the carb was all set up at AED.I called this guy thats mobil and is he good this stuff,used him to set up the motor after I had it built.He asked a million questions like cam,tire size,rear end gears,weight,compression ,then sets a new curve in the distributor using the distributor machine in the passenger seat of his van.He's coming by Tue. I'll let you know how it works out.

Well here's the latest ,the man came by and was here for 6 hrs.$ 230 later found things that we had wrong like fuel psi. gauge off ,and don't use a liquid filled one. The most important one was that distribtor had to much play due to a worn cam gear ,so thats my next fix. Yesterday I felt bad all this time, money, in this thing and its worse then when we started. We called AED for advice ,Jeff [what nice people] told us a few things to try, like going up on jet sizes .Wow did it come alive, still has a stumble around 3,000 RPM .Fell good now replace cam gear and get back getting the bugs out. Thinking about installing a bung in exhaust pipe for a combustion meter hook up. Anyone that can give advice please do so,thank you Walt.

Name:  IMG_1113.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  75.1 KB