Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
jamscal's 5x10 Gantry Build - Page 4
Bulltear Ad
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: jamscal's 5x10 Gantry Build

Helpfull BT forum member Swabie
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepsr4ever View Post
    You need to verify tip volts division. Your plasma cutter comes stock with 50-1 and the PWM box at 7-1 so you will need to set the CPC card in the plasma to a "all down" to get the 20-1 and take the black box's backplate off (4 screws) and set it to 20-1.
    Thanks...I was typing when you wrote this :)

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jamscal View Post
    Current issues:

X home is enabled 1,11 active low

Limit overload is also on 1,11 (not active low)

Instructions say to make sure no two things are on the same pin...what should be where? Disable X home that is an option you can add later for the torch breakaway

THC On/Off blinking green and apparently not working. Check to make sure ccc_comcandcnc plug in is enabled. Go to config/plugins in Mach.

Z axis loses zero. Something to do with THC? See #2

Long delay after pierce and before start (running .3 or .5 sec pierce delay...it's much longer). See #2

The few parts I've run are 1/8" undersized, i.e. 6" circle is 5 7/8. I have the offset right and the kerf right too. PM sent about tuning

That's it for now. I'm sure in my excitement I've done something wrong and I'll be reading more to try to solve my own problems, but any help on the above will be helpful.

Thanks,

James
    OK, check the quote
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thanks a bunch!

To confirm, I'm going to open the cover on the hypertherm 45 to get to the cpc card?

Oh its a 45 well then its preset to 50. Make sure the black box is set to 50 and your golden.
    [COLOR=#000000]

Made a part and played around with the machine.

I'm sure there will be a learning curve and unexpected things come up, but I can draw and cut a bumper part easily.

Waiting for some slat holders and slats for the table and then I'll filler up. Have about a half inch of water in it right now.

-James

Issue #1 for today:

The torch volts and amps show zero in Mach. I expected they would show values while cutting...am I wrong?

Can't really tell if the torch height control is working since I'm cutting 7 ga and 1/4" currently.

Issue #2

Tried to click "points for drilling" but it still cut holes. Do I need to use a rotary tool for that?

Issue #3

Bobart apparently requires another code to register online...do you have a code for me to use or will I have to call them?

Thanks,

James

Issue #1 is the plugin I talked about earlier, or you have your yellow cord not going from black box to controller
    Issue #2 I am not sure on sheetcam we had another customer pickup a table and we couldnt get it to work either. I dont believe its a point drawing issue but I will let the engineer behind sheetcam know of the issue.
    Issue #3 we dont give any Bobcad out for free but the drawing and CAM portion which we dont use. Any extra like Bobart or Bobnest must be purchased from them.
    [COLOR=#000000]

Thanks, I did the plug in but I'll double check that and make sure the yellow cord is fully engaged.

Also did someone here ever email you keys to Mach3 and sheetcam? Without them you wont get THC
    [COLOR=#000000]

Quote Originally Posted by jeepsr4ever View Post
    Also did someone here ever email you keys to Mach3 and sheetcam? Without them you wont get THC
    The licences? yes.