Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

jamscal's 5x10 Gantry Build - Page 3
Bulltear Ad
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: jamscal's 5x10 Gantry Build

Helpfull BT forum member Swabie
    Questions:

Does the z axis limit wire going into the box go to these spade terminals? (my box isn't exactly the same as the pic in the instructions...)

Do I shove the wire thru the vent in the top?

This other cable I got has two male ends, as does the control box. No way to plug it from the computer to the control box. Did I get a wrong cable or am i missing something? Adapter?

Thanks

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Z axis wires connect there however you want a crimp on female spade end. We dont supply those but its a hardware store item. Depending on the PC you have it iwll either be male or female. You may need a gender change adaptor.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thanks.

---

Today I though it would be a good idea to caulk the tube to rail seam with silicone.

The machine torch made it today and I got everything moved to it's final location.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepsr4ever View Post
    Depending on the PC you have it iwll either be male or female. You may need a gender change adaptor.
    My pc side is female, but the cord you supplied won't fit your control box, so there may be an issue with your supply there.

Is it called a 25 pin connector? or something else? I'll have to order online and need to know I'm getting the right thing.

Local computer store, Staples and Best buy have nothing that will work.

-Other question:

I slaved the a axis. Do I have to tune it as well (it still shows different parameters) or will it just do what it's told?

Hmm that one came from CandCNC. I will get them to ship you a cord. It is a DB25 cable.
    [COLOR=#000000]

Bulltear forum member New to the forum
    Check in my crate before you send it out it , they might have shipped you the same cord with my electronics .

current progress pics^^^

First cut(s)!!!

Started cutting and the height on the z-axis went up for some reason so had to stop. Second cut over the first did a bit better. Last pic was with the height control off and looks nice.

You need to verify tip volts division. Your plasma cutter comes stock with 50-1 and the PWM box at 7-1 so you will need to set the CPC card in the plasma to a "all down" to get the 20-1 and take the black box's backplate off (4 screws) and set it to 20-1.
    [COLOR=#000000]

Current issues:

X home is enabled 1,11 active low

Limit overload is also on 1,11 (not active low)

Instructions say to make sure no two things are on the same pin...what should be where?

THC On/Off blinking green and apparently not working.

Z axis loses zero. Something to do with THC?

Long delay after pierce and before start (running .3 or .5 sec pierce delay...it's much longer).

The few parts I've run are 1/8" undersized, i.e. 6" circle is 5 7/8. I have the offset right and the kerf right too.

That's it for now. I'm sure in my excitement I've done something wrong and I'll be reading more to try to solve my own problems, but any help on the above will be helpful.

Thanks,

James