Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Amc 401 flywheel vendors?
Bulltear Ad

Thread: Amc 401 flywheel vendors?

Bulltear forum member Cook

Amc 401 flywheel vendors?

My amc 401 is in the machine shop to have the bottom end rebuilt. I need a flywheel for use with the manual transmission in my CJ5. I do not want to pay for a billet one from Hayes or centerforce; but then again I don't want a cheap imported cast iron flywheel that will crack or slip the ring gear.

Anyone have a flywheel that they are happy with and can offer a recommendation? Or anyone have an OEM 401 flywheel that they would like to sell?

Thanks,

Richard

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    No OEM pieces left but all the cheapies are cheapies. It may get you by though.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    If you've got the bottom end apart for a rebuild, then it's fairly easy to have the motor balanced. Most shops will balance a motor for around $125, it's worth the money just for longevity's sake. You're probably stuck with an import, I haven't seen a "made in USA" 401 flywheel in years. That said, Summit Racing has them for under $100 online. Get the one that specifically says 401, then have the motor balanced.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Bulltear forum member New to the forum
    Summit sales the American Power Train ones now. I have one on my 304 in front of a TKO600. Really nice piece, and made in the USA.