Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
More issues, now with the new PM45! - Page 2
Bulltear Ad
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: More issues, now with the new PM45!

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Like I mentioned you need to verify the wires don't have a short in them. You can test the wires by using a circuit testing lightbulb tool like you find at a home depot. What your doing is testing for continuity and that the relay actually completes the circuit. It is possible the relay went bad from all the EMP and RF issues. I know we have seen that in the past with the older system.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Bulltear forum member Cook
    Checked all the wires from the plasma to the the THC box, everything is good. When I manually fire the torch from the torch trigger, the correct volts appear on the main control box, so I know those are correct. If I short the torch wires at the THC box, it fires the torch.

Here is a video I shot of what the THC box is going when I try to fire the torch from Mach3: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6L...it?usp=sharing

I'll get a relay ordered and see if that fixes everything up!

No go with the new relay! :(

If the relay is clicking it should be doing its job. If you take a piece of wire and cross the terminals on the relay where you put the wires for the trigger it should fire the torch. If it didnt the problem lies in the wiring between relay and where you wired the trigger wires into.
    [COLOR=#000000]

ITS ALIVE!!!!! Swappedin a new 12v power brick and its perfect! Now to figure out the ATHC and get it to actually work with a real plasma cutter!!

From 2 years of being bombarded with hifreq noise it was only a power supply. That is extraordinary! Youll really like it now with a nice plasma cutter.
    [COLOR=#000000]

And after 2 months of sitting, now when I try to use it today I can't get it to connect to the computer, I keep getting the message in Mach that the external e-stop is required. I'm getting a loud buzzing from the motor on the Z-axis, and the red error light is lit up on the back of the G540 regardless of how many times I press the external e-stop button.

Thoughts? Too cold? It was around 25 in the shop, but its been much colder the last 2 weeks. Wait till the temps warm up? Problem with the z-axis motor?

Something may be wrong with your wiring, meaning you installed the power supply. I am not sure why it wont start but the conditions of Estop off in Mach, Cable unplugged slightly, Estop button not on or bad motor cable. Try taking the motor cables off and see what it does.
    [COLOR=#000000]

Everything cut perfect the last time I used it after I finished all the reworking. I will unplug the z-axis and see if it seems to fix it. Also will probably wait till its warmer out!

Ok, the weather has warmed up, and I found some time while the baby was sleeping to get out and look at it for a few minutes.

When I power on the control box, the red fault light is one at the back of the G540. When I hit the green e-stop button on the front the control box, the table starts to buzz like its ready to go, but the fault light is still lite, and I can't get it to connect through Mach3??

I tried to unplug the Z-axis and still got the same issue so I'm thinking its not related to the Z. I guess I need to pull the box apart and get it all checked out again! :(