Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Jeers - Keisler Engineering/Legend Gear & Trans

Thread: Jeers - Keisler Engineering/Legend Gear & Trans

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar

Jeers - Keisler Engineering/Legend Gear & Trans

Timeline:
    2/15/13 - ordered, estimate 6/17/13 ship date (50% down payment)
    3/4/13 - email, 5/10/13 ship date
    3/21/13 - email, 5/24/13 ship date
    4/9/13 - email, 5/31/13 ship date
    4/16/13 - email request for balance stating close to production, OK'd, billed 4/18/13
    6/8/13 - I made a status request
    6/10/13 - email, 6/28/13 ship date
    6/24/13 - email , 7/12/13 ship date
    7/26/13 - I made a status request.I
    7/29/13 - email, my concerns have been forwarded to their business manager, told I would get a follow-up call.
    8/12/13 - no call yet, I sent another email requesting info on where I stand in the queue.
    8/15/13 - email, states they are having problems with one of their suppliers, ship date is now a very vague last week August/first week September. We'll see.
    9/4/13 - Keisler called (wouldn't you know, I was in northern Canada on a fishing trip, and out of contact) My trans has come up for build, they need more info for my build. Pilot bushing OD, shaft length, mechanical or electronic speedo, tire diameter. I didn't get back to Colorado until 9/11. Why didn't ythey ask for this when it was ordered?
    9/12/13 - Called Keisler, gave them the info, we'll see how long it takes before I get a shipping confirmation.
    9/29/13 - emailed requesting status.
    9/30/13 - received email:

Your SS700 will be going into production sometime by the end of this week and should ship out no later than Wednesday 10/9/13 could be Tuesday 10/8/13 but production is not here on Mondays. We at Keisler want to thank you for your patience and business.

10/18/13 - Still no trans or shipping confirmation. It's now been 8 months since ordered, and 6 months since the unit was paid for IN FULL.
    10/29/13 - received notification of shipment.

11/1/13 - My SS700 arrived today. It's a beautiful trans (S/N 366 if anyone is keeping track), but it's not going to fit without using a Quicktime bellhousing for a Chevy trans ($680 at Summit). Definitely NOT a "direct fit" as advertised. After paying nearly $4K for a trans, and being given all these promises that it would fit the factory bellhousing, I'm really ed.

The input shaft is only 6 1/2" long, my T-10 is 8 1/2" (they knew it was replacing a T-10 when I ordered it). Likewise the bearing retainer is also 2" too short. The retainer is also about .010" too large to index my factory bellhousing or the deep Lakewood. The bolt pattern is not T-10, maybe Saginaw? I don't know. I already fired off an email to their business manager asking what they're going to do. I'm about ready to have them issue a pickup tag and ask for a refund.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Well, now it looks like I've been placed on "ignore". I got my Quicktime bellhousing last week and got around to mating the trans to the engine last weekend (11/16/13). The pilot bearing they sent that I called in the sizing for on September 12 is wrong. Looks like they just threw in a standard GM pilot bearing (1.093" OD) The hole in the 390 crank is 1.053". .040" is a little more than a press fit.

I also asked for their suggestion for a clutch/pressure plate, since I now need to use a 26 spline GM clutch disc.

I emailed the secretary (Cheryl Holland), the salesman (Jeff Kauffman), and the sales manager (David Micheletta). Not a single response from ANY of the 3 for an entire week.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Thank you from BT Jedi gear head
    Aren't custom made go fast parts neat?

People just don't realize how much work goes into a custom install.

Nothing bolts together.
    1979 Jeep CJ-7 401 AMC, GMC 6-71 Blower 10% overdrive, Bugcatcher with electronic fuel injection and a little N2O for fun, all self built. (this supercharger stuff is easy)

I know that. I ordered and waited for this trans because in talking to the salesman and reading the web site, I was under the impression that they had done some research and knew what I needed to make it fit. Now it looks like they knew aftermarket adapter kits were out there and hoped that they would work. I don't mind paying a little extra when the research has been done, but in this case, it looks like they just wanted to sell another tranny and I have to make it work. Not the way I'd do business.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Thank you from BT Jedi gear head
    I feel your pain and watch it everyday on other forums with people of lesser mechanical know how just get taken ,,,
    1979 Jeep CJ-7 401 AMC, GMC 6-71 Blower 10% overdrive, Bugcatcher with electronic fuel injection and a little N2O for fun, all self built. (this supercharger stuff is easy)

Keisler has gone into Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Got this today. Pretty much explains the problems I've had. I probably won't get the driveshaft that was part of the purchase price, but it sounds like about 300 people won't get transmissions, and they required a 50% down payment to order, so I'm probably on of the luckier ones.

Read it here:
    http://campaign.r20.constantcontact....2IzIWRkmGhzTgG

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    OUCH Bob!