long time Jeeper.. first time V8'er....
been directed here by some friends and see a few familiar screen names from previous boards…

Finally started my 1973 CJ6 build and Just picked my motor up from the machine shop..

AMC 360 Stock rebuild
Bored 30 over, Sealed Power everything, including stock grind cam.
Balanced and assembled..

waiting on a brown box from our hosts with all my nickel plated doo dads etc....

So here lies some of my questions… I have the motor home now, still in shrink, assembled long block..
This is the first AMC V8 I have done any extensive work on.. built several 4.2 engines, but the V8 configuration has me asking some silly newb questions.

I have read a lot of back and forth as to the best sealing method of the intake and valley pan gasket…
Can I get a chime in as to what works best? I will be using an Edelbrock performer intake manifold.

I purchased a distributor gear set form our hosts along with a timing cover…
Is there any issue with cam walk on these motors? If so any tricks?

From work on I6 motors I have grown to love the 1 piece rubber pan gasket.. I haven’t seen anything like that for the 8’s (and I sell auto parts)
Anything I have missed or do they not exist?

Any recommendations from the peanut gallery as to things that are a must do or must avoid…
I have read through some of the forums and found some answers, but they lead to mostly more questions, sorry if this has all been beat to death.. but let’s face it.. AMC’s are not coming out with any new factory product.. so might as well keep on going over the old stuff, right?