Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Ogre 4x8 turn key plasma table - Page 6
Bulltear Ad
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ogre 4x8 turn key plasma table

Helpfull BT forum member Swabie
    any maintenance tips that you'd like to pass around? like:
    cleaning the track/guides/gears?
    z axis maintenance?
    lubrication?

we just replumbed the barrels under the table so we can change the water in the table easier.
    for now we use $3 worth of washing soda for rust prevention/water treatment, which works fine
    just making it easier to flush the table every couple of months to keep slime down :D
    bulltear 4x8 turn key table w/dthc, rotary tube cutting head, mach3 bladerunner, hypertherm powermax 65

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Yes we are putting out some maintenance labels that will be free to existing customers.

1. Wipe down rails daily (X,Y,Z)

2. Grease trucks on Z axis every 100 hours of operation

3. Grease trucks on Y axis (dual rail) every 80 hours of operation
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Helpfull BT forum member Swabie

$100 scribe setup

my $100 scribe setup :D

i used an electric scribe to keep cost down. if we do more than a few scribe jobs i may update to an air scribe but for now i can't justify the $230 cost
    parts: self made brackets (on my bulltear table), $19 electric scribe (home depot), $10 solenoid (ebay), $29 air slide (ebay), $10 regulator (ebay) $6 tubing (home depot) and $20 in fittings (ebay)

i use the aux electrical output on the cancnc bladerunner control box to trigger the solenoid and scribe together
    M08 turn them on and M09 turns them off. they can also be triggered using the xbox controller

simple bracket to mount my 6'' air slide.
    bolted right into the pocket already machined into the mag base

you can also see my laser crosshair bracket in this pic

needed the 6'' slide to keep the area clear under the machine torch

control center consist of the air slide, air solenoid and regulator.
    i did use a 15 psi air gauge on the regulator. i believe i have it set at 6 psi down pressure with full pressure up
    i have control valves to control speed up and down
    used double sided tape to hold the regulator and solenoid on the z axis plate

youtube video of the scribe in action

made a protractor for use on 2.5'', 304ss, exhaust tube. it can measure the inside radius or the outside radius
    inside radius is more for use on the table

outside radius is handy for check the angle of a system on a vehicle with minimal clearance to the floor pan

one problem i have is finding or modifying a post processor. currently using the mach3 thc with scriber post.
    not the best post for plasma as you can see some uncut lines in this pic, works fine for scribing.
    the way the post is setup there is no m09 command to turn off or retract the scribe, easy fix is to edit gcode but i'd like to find a fix.
    it inserts the command for individual segments of the scribe but not at the end before going to plasma.
    my do around was to scibe with that post and cut with the mp1000-thc, still have to edit m09 into gcode

bulltear 4x8 turn key table w/dthc, rotary tube cutting head, mach3 bladerunner, hypertherm powermax 65