Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Ogre 4x8 turn key plasma table - Page 4
Bulltear Ad
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Ogre 4x8 turn key plasma table

Helpfull BT forum member Swabie
    still working on setting this table up. working on a coolant pump setup so i can cut tube.

i'm using the rotary head on my plasma table to cope ss exhaust tubing for making h-pipes. i'm getting extreme slag deposits on the bottom of the tube where the plasma cutter sprays. this is not dross hanging off the cut, but built up inside the tube. this makes it hard to expand and slide together.

thru trial and error i figured out to run water from the water table thru the tube to cool the slag before it sprays on the tube. the blade runner has 2 aux outlets built in the control box. looking thru the mach3 manual i believe i can use the m7 and m8 to turn on these aux outputs on and m9 to turn them off. config -> ports and pins -> spindle setup -> flood mist control.

anyone know how i can add m-code into the g-code to make turning the aux outputs on and off automatically?

this is what i'm cutting with the rotary head

this is where they go in the exhaust system

and this is one of my first cuts. you can see the slag build up inside the tube, i get minimal slag if i run water thru the tube.
    bulltear 4x8 turn key table w/dthc, rotary tube cutting head, mach3 bladerunner, hypertherm powermax 65

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Air mister through the tube or even air through the tube helps. You can try dropping your amperage for tube cutting dramatically.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

rotary head in action

i have the rotary head working fine now. use a small pump to run coolant thru the chuck into the tube to keep slag from sticking to the inside of the tube. inserted a few gcode mods: one M7 at the beginning of the cycle to turn the coolant on and an X15 at the end of cycle to move the torch out of the way for load/unload of the part.

you can see both gcode mods in the video. coolant on at the beginning and x axis move to clear the part.
    i've been using the x axis moves for loading/unloading a lot as most of our cutting is production parts

youtube video of rotary head cut

bulltear 4x8 turn key table w/dthc, rotary tube cutting head, mach3 bladerunner, hypertherm powermax 65

first time cutting thin gauge steel. 22 ga steel, 315 ipm, 120v; dross free cut.
    problem is the corners should be sharp angles, like the starts, not radiused corners.
    what happened?

You have exceeded the acelleration and cornering threshold at 315ipm. From here if you want to cut that fast youll need to start to play with the CV settings. CV DISTANCE TOLERANCE is the distance from the end of the line to where the arc starts rounding (.03-.05 can be tried). CV settings do a sharp stop at any angle greater than the angle you set in Mach3/Config/General config. You can try setting CV STOP ON ANGLES GREATER THAN "60" or "80" or even "90" degrees and also click the box to activate and restart MACH. Now here is where the challenge starts. When your cutting the machine will come to an abrupt stop then take off in the other direction. We know that the HAZ will melt away more material without ramping down the plasma cutter. This is the biggest difference besides the actual beam intensity between plasma and Hi Density/Hi definition plasma. Cutting shapes as we send the machine out from us is setup to calculate the algorythm for motion using the acelleration and decelleration numbers for X and Y. Defeating this to gain and exact stop can cause overburn. It is always best to run fine cut consumables and slow it down unless you can ramp down air pressure and amperage while your cutting (RAMP DOWN AIR AND AMPERAGE...THIS IS A SERIAL PORT CANDCNC FUNCTION THAT IS AVAILABLE HOWEVER IS REQUIRES THE SHEETCAM DEVELOPMENT VERSION AND ACTION POINT DEFINITIONS, CURRENTLY NOT SUPPORTED BY BULLTEAR BUT COULD BE RETROFITTED TO YOUR PLASMA CUTTER). The alternative is to increase accel numbers for X and Y to 50 however lost steps may occur.
    Last edited by jeepsr4ever; 01-31-2014 at 05:03 PM.
    [COLOR=#000000]

thanks for that, but no upgrades in our future.

i have no need to cut at those speeds.
    just following the cut speed in the hypertherm manual.
    what ipm would you recommend?

i was amazed at the cut speed when i hit start.
    i called the mechanic over to see, but by the time he got there it was done cutting.
    long done :D

luckily that was a test cut for fit

I have personally cut at 800ipm on a Bulltear table but that was very simple geometry on 28ga. 60 to 80 percent cut speed above 180 imp is a safe barrier. The machine is quite capable of high speeds however the absolute stop will cause dross buildup.
    [COLOR=#000000]

i slowed the cut speed and voltage to 180 and 80 worked fine, warped the crap out of it but cut fine.

new problem today with the rotary head.
    tried to cut text in a 3 inch tube, turned out like the first pic.
    i re ran the text for flat cutting and the file cut fine.
    will call you to fix this.

i figure it's an acceleration thing, we have the accel turned way down.
    in rotary plasma the gantry is slow to accel and when i let of the joy stick it coasts 18''
    in flat plasma the gantry accels great and stops in an inch or two.

text on tube, 'teel' from 'steel'

same text on 22 ga flat steel

Need more info on the cut speed, cut height and were you on center? Also what was your acelleration rates for all axis for that job. It looks like you didnt cut through on some areas and possibly used the same cut speed for flat as you did round.
    [COLOR=#000000]

had to cut some flat plate today, so didn't get to work on the rotary head until late. i thought i had this rotary head sorted out. i pulled the cover off to check the set screws on the pulley. the whole motor was loose, got the belt tight and cut the same text today fine. one problem is i never load the part, i have a helper/trainee that loads the part. had i loaded the part i would have noticed play in the chuck.