Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Starting my 4x8 frame build, couple questions - Page 4
Bulltear Ad
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting my 4x8 frame build, couple questions

Helpfull BT forum member Swabie
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepsr4ever View Post
    Did you check to see if there was a pin pushed in inside the plug end?
    I did check, they seem ok.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Ok the first PC was an AMD I can see an issue. The second was an Intel chip and 32 bit. That should have worked fine. My guess is the installer or PC has an issue. You have eliminated the plasma cutter and the electronics by the self tests.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

You should also fill us in here on the test you have done. I see your on the CandCNC support forum as well.
    [COLOR=#000000]

My guess is the installer or PC has an issue. You have eliminated the plasma cutter and the electronics by the self tests.
    Haha when I read it the first time, I thought you meant me as the installer has issues! Maybe your right!
    I was away all day so I didnt play with it, but I got another ethernet cable, im going to try. But maybe I should try another installer, you mentioned yours was different than the one I downloaded off candcnc site. Do you think its worth trying the version you have? If you could email it to me or something, I dont know where to get an older version.
    Also, could the 9 pin com port cable cause problems? Printer cable? Or which cable sends that info to the PC.
    Could the machine torch be faulty?

You should also fill us in here on the test you have done. I see your on the CandCNC support forum as well.
    I thought I summed it up in post 27, except that candcnc suggested firing the torch in the air, then testing the voltage at the stereo plug, I was getting around 2.7v which is a bit low they figured I should have 3.2-3.4v.

After setting up tons of these you find out it is not magical, there is no gremlin it is usually something REALLY simple like the 9 pin cable isn't properly seated, 25 pin cable is loose and even the CPC/MIC-01 cable isn't properly seated. I have seen cables that screw in but still not seat fully. I have seen just a few bad cables but not many.
    [COLOR=#000000]

I just tested the voltage out of the CPC connector on the back of the PM45 and I have 3.24v (terminals 5,6) when I jump the arc start terminals(3,4) So it has to be between the cord between the plasma CPC connector and the PWM box. I think we're getting somewhere!!
    Last edited by f_armer; 02-24-2014 at 10:10 PM.

Check the green plug to see if the wires were overtightened.
    [COLOR=#000000]

It looked like maybe they had pinched some insulation in the green plug on one wire, so I took them all out, re-tinned the ends with solder, and put them back in with no change.
    I sprayed contact cleaner on both ends of the cpc connectors, and put di-electric grease on all the pins. No change.......
    Still, if I fire the torch in the air I have 2.7v at the stereo plug, if I test at the back of the plasma at the cpc plug I get 3.3-3.5v ..........I tested the cord with the ohm meter and all wires check out ok, even if I wiggle them around, they seem to have connection. I peeled the heatshrink and glue off the back of the plug and all the wires look ok.
    Im kinda stumped.

I got my new cable yesterday. It is now showing proper (maybe slighly high) voltage on the mach dro.
    When I did test cuts with thc off it seemed to read in the 125-135v range.
    When I tried thc on, I set my voltage to 120 to get the torch to stay down, but it drags, and yanks it off the mag loc. When I set the voltage to 121, it starts out fine and as soon as thc kicks in after the pierce, the torch just raises up until it loses arc.
    I got pissed off and ordered another computer, a dell gx620, what candcnc recommends. Wonder if that will help.