Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Starting my 4x8 frame build, couple questions - Page 2
Bulltear Ad
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting my 4x8 frame build, couple questions

Helpfull BT forum member Swabie
    So I got the kit today. I unpackaged it this afternoon and got to work. Rails, Gantry, and all motors are on. Everything ran smoothly.
    Now I was going to run the wires and install the cable chains. It doesn't matter which side I run them on, does it? I plan on running everything on the right side (facing the torch side).
    I must admit it would be nice to have better instructions, or at least a bunch of pictures to show how you guys do it. There was a bit of head scratching trying to guess where stuff goes. And it would have been nice to include the cable chain brackets, I'm in the boonies and don't have access to 1/4" aluminum very easily.
    Is there supposed to be hard stops somewhere? If I roll the gantry to the end of the rail the gears go off the end of the rack, or is this a safety feature?
    Tomorrow I hope to have movement, maybe even first cuts!

PicsName:  20140218_131618 (Medium).jpg
Views: 415
Size:  88.2 KBName:  20140218_214411 (Medium).jpg
Views: 386
Size:  93.5 KBName:  20140218_214445 (Medium).jpg
Views: 441
Size:  90.9 KB

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Did you access the plasma instructional? There should have been aluminum pieces in there for the cable carrier. Also there are Tnuts underneath the gantry for cable carrier.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

There was only one aluminum piece, I concluded it must bolt to the y axis drive. The holes in it are drilled on an angle and seem to fit there. Is there instructions that im missing? Ive only found this section. http://www.bulltear.com/forums/showt...(Instructions)
    And yes there are tnuts under the gantry.

Instructions are online in the instructional. That piece is definately for the Y and I do believe our guys started sending out cable carrier holders (the flat aluminum with the 2 holes for the T nuts). I will have to check it out.
    [COLOR=#000000]

Also on the non servo system the stop at the end of the rail allows you to coast into it. This eliminates crashes during overtravel. When this happens your power off your controller and push your gantry back on the gear rack and power up again. The servo systems are $3300 more but do have limit switches.
    [COLOR=#000000]

Well I managed to make my first cuts last night. Couple problems though, no matter what I cut, it shows up properly in sheetcam and mach3, but cuts out backwards, or mirror image of what it should be.
    Also thc is online, voltage is showing in mach, seems like everything is ok, but when it starts to cut it will just slowly raise the z until I lose arc. My voltage was set at 117 volts, but actual seems to be jumping around 70 to 90.
    The plasma seems to be shutting off for a second during a cut, it will just cut out mid line randomly, leaving gaps of uncut. I have the plasma ground clamped onto the piece being cut.
    It was fun to finally see it all kinda work though!

Ok so lets go through a couple of things

1. If your cutting backwards go to config/ports and pins/motor outputs and toggle the DIRlowactive for Y axis then restart mach
    2. If your voltage isnt reading properly you didnt set the voltage equal on plasma cutter and the small DTHC box. If you look at the abck of the box you can set it to 7-1 15-1 20-1 and 50-1. It needs to match your divided torch board in your plasma cutter. If you didnt touch the divided torch board in the plasma cutter it comes set to 50-1 so you need to match that on the small box before cutting again (which you probably have set to 20-1). If you want you can set your division in the plasma cutter by taking the sheetmetal case off and moving the last dipswitch on the board to get the "all down" position for 20-1. The board is located on the fan side of the inner area of the plasma cutter. READ the attention powermax 45-65-85 users topic in the instructional.
    3. Erratic torch misfires can be caused by a few things.
    1. Incompatable keyboard or mouse
    2. Low air pressure
    3. Windows vista
    4. Dell optiplex numbers from 600 and less.
    [COLOR=#000000]

I had the cover off the plasma and didn't see any switches, are the PM45's all adjustable? I read it is preset to 50:1, the dthc is set to 50:1 in the little box that connects to the plasma.
    I'll check the rest in a couple hours, we had a blizzard yesterday and I gotta move some snow outta the yard today.

If it is a 45 then yes it is static at 50-1. If it isnt reading correctly you either have a bad board in the Powermax 45 or there is an issue with the electronics. Maybe you should call in here for a couple of diagnostic run throughs with someone.
    [COLOR=#000000]