Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Torch trying to fire on startup
Bulltear Ad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Torch trying to fire on startup

Bulltear forum member Cook

Torch trying to fire on startup

I've had my 4x8" for about a year, and for the most part it's been trouble free. Went to turn it on yesterday and as soon as I turn the switch on on the control box, it sends a signal to fire the torch. I can press torch on/off button in Mach, but it makes no difference. Rebooted everything, and still torch tries to fire as soon as switch is flipped. Didn't have time to troubleshoot it, will go back later today. Any ideas or things I should check?

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Not too uncommon. A power up from the PC sends a small power current through the cables. It is best to turn your plasma on after you have fired up your PC.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

I always do turn plasma on after pc. The OK light on my hypertherm didn't light up because it was already getting a signal to fire torch. Rebooted everything several times, no change.

Hmm so the relay stayed on? I would check over the basic wiring and make sure it doesnt have iron buildup in the plugs. Blow them out and re-attach.
    [COLOR=#000000]

Yes, relay is staying on. I didn't have time last night to check it out other than rebooting a few times, so I'll check wiring first when I'm there later.

So I visually inspected all wires and connections, unplugged all connectors and blew them out. No change. As soon as I flip the main switch on the control box, the 'Torch On' light on the pickup sensor module comes on. So would there be a relay stuck on inside the control box? And why would it do this on start up after having no issues the last time I ran the table?

After talking with Matt and Candcnc, looks like a problem with the PWM module. New one shipping out in the morning. Hope that does the trick!

Got my new PWM module. The support I received over the phone from the folks at Candcnc was great, a pleasure to deal with. Unfortunately I plugged the new module in and it does the exact same thing. Guess I'll be calling them back Monday morning. It's been almost 2 weeks with the table down, I think I'm going through plasma withdrawal!!

You know if it is staying on and doesn't toggle off with the "torch on/torch off" button then it could theoretically be the PC OR the controller. MY guess its the PC since it is telling the controller to start the plasma when its running. Could be the PC has had it.
    [COLOR=#000000]

It does it with the pc turned off, as soon as I switch the control box on. Going to call them once I get to the shop.