Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Refund #4661

Thread: Refund #4661

Bulltear forum member New to the forum

Refund #4661

Returned a oil pump kit a couple of weeks ago! My order number was #4661 , oil pump kit and a can of hi tech AMC engine paint! Didn't need the oil pump, and the paint was crap, it was like water, but threw it away!
    I have tried calling,and left a message, and left emails, but no response! Wondering if it has been received?

Thanks
    Randy Ringer

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Can you tell us more about the paint? We just did get a package back from you the end of last week. Did you call in and talk to someone about the paint?
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

First off, I'm in the process of building a 79 360 motor, ordered two cans from a different company, and painted a lot of small parts, but didn't have enough when I got the block and heads back! So when I ordered the oil pump, I needed more paint.
    So masked off the block and started painting. Right away something was wrong! It didn't matter how close I was to the block, the paint wasn't sticking. So thinking something was on the block, I cleaned it. Then the same thing! I would put a lite mist coat, then try a second, it would just turn really thin and watery! It was like I poured it on instead of spraying it. I asked a few people on the AMC forum, and they thought it might of gotten to cold during delivery. Don't know what it was, but it doesnt want to cover anything. I have tried to paint other items also, with no luck!

Yeah any kind of metal flake spray paint like that can take like 10 seconds on constant spraying to start getting color. You should dig it out and spray it strait onto a piece of cardboard. I bet you would be amazed how well it actually works when it starts flowing correctly. I will look up your refund tomorrow.
    [COLOR=#000000]

Well in fact , I did try out spraying card board, as I was trying to paint the dip stick tube bracket , that attaches to the valve cover bolt. The over spray on the card board also had runs in it. I had to switch to VHT cast aluminum paint and had zero problem. So i think it was just a bad can, and shit happens sometimes.
    Thanks for your help!
    Randy

No problem
    [COLOR=#000000]