Bulltear Ad

Thread: CARB GUYS HELP

Bulltear forum member Cook

CARB GUYS HELP

so with new house out of the way and tons of projects combined with work I have been trying to get my jeep back to trail ready to take the new fam out for some fun,the poor thing sat for about 5 months....so new battery,dropped the tank cleaned,new pump and sending unit,new fuel filter,flushed all the lines and cleaned carb 3 times,should run great no setting were changed and before it sat it ran amazing..well no go..put your foot in it and it stutters up to full throttle..oh ya jeep has a 401 with eddy 600cfm carb.
    OK now I can figure this out,first thought accelerator pump,so new one went in...better but still feels doggy,,give it a little more timing change plugs check gap buy new coils...still a pig..so im down to jets or metering rods but im not sold on the idea as setup has not changed and it ran great before it sat.
    so the jeep gods hate me for letting her sit and I need help from some amc guys any ideas would be a big help.

IF you need more specs on the motor set up just ask.

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    get a can of brakleen (the green can) and spray it through all the fuel passages and air jets, you have something gummed up. Pull the top cover off the carb and clean out the bowl and make sure when you shoot fuel through the main jets (under the needles) that you see it coming out in the throttle bores. It's not a setting issue its a crud issue.

Bulltear forum member Cook
    ended up being timing and crud in my distributor cap jeep runs great now