Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
FORGED CRANKS FOR AMC V8 (info, specs, ideas, feedback here) - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FORGED CRANKS FOR AMC V8 (info, specs, ideas, feedback here)

Bulltear forum member New to the forum
    I currently own 5 AMC's, all with v8's and the idea of stroking these engines without all the hassle of chasing parts would be great, I just finished building a 422cid stroker and what a pain in the *ss, Chasing parts and expensive, I run a small Automotive Repair shop and have had AMC's my whole life, Available stroker cranks would be great!

I would be interested in a crank for a future build, finances don't allow for one right now. My dad has already bought a billet crank for his car, nice piece. Not cheap!

I would be interested also.
    I think a matched crank rods and piston combo would be for me.
    I really do not want to spend time mixing and matching the parts trying to get a combo to work.

I'm new to the forum (as of today) but have been ordering parts from bulltear for years and have had AMC's since I was 15, I currently have 2 builds in the mix but would stop them in their tracks to have stroker crankshafts in them.

I'm with crazyamc on liking the idea of a short stroke option. Vintage is growing and certain weight/power class limits make a short stroke option a good idea to have. The trick is what should that stroke be...a 3.28 or something shorter for use with bigger bore blocks.

I would be keen to use a stroker crank in a 360 build. I don't have a lot of experience matching up parts so a combo of parts that are known to work would be great.
    My build is planned for late this year, hopefully you get the idea up and in production.
    I would be interested in a pre order.
    Like a few others I am new to this forum but have been looking for a stroker crank solution for a while.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    I dont care how we get this done it needs to get done. If Bulltear doesnt do it then the idea fades away permanently. I dont think anyone would be crazy enough to even try to do this. So far the commitment is only a couple of guys. We need 200 guys to come forward for any stroke combination. I dont care if its done at cost to get it done. A 4340 stroker crankshaft in 2014 is not a $700 crankshaft.

Whomever of you is ready to step up (meaning PRE-PAY) for a crank let me know via PM and I will give you the bottom line. We have had a ton of views but very little actual feedback. If your not ready dont send a PM just post up what strokes you would like to see. I will commit to 40 crankshafts. That means we need 160 more AMC'ers.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Jeepsr4ever,

I sent you a PM. I would step up, just need some more info.

Jeepsr4ever,

You ask whom is ready to step up, then I do, then you tell me I am "probably" a day late for the preorder. What?

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    These details are preliminary. There will be a discount for preorders for sure. 71Humpster your on the list so don't think you've been tossed aside.

Back to the plan
    3.28 stroke 2.100 rod up to 4.00 stroke 2.100 rod

The plan
    3.28, 3.44, 3.574, 3.68, 3.75, 3.8, 3.9, 4.0

So we cover 290-343, 304-360, 390, 401

.020 AMC 360 with a 3.8 stroke crank gives you a 401. We may scratch the 3.75 and the 3.9 I am not sure on that. It may also be possible to get the tooling made to cover the very short strokes. Short strokes may be a little more expensive. I know folks are interest but 10 folks?

The plan is to offer stroker kits as well as stroker cranks. We can do some pretty wild kits with these numbers. On the other side a forged stock replacement crankshaft for all those motors is a pretty killer thing to have as well.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689