Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Serpentine system for AMC V8 with York

Thread: Serpentine system for AMC V8 with York

Threaded View

Bulltear forum member New to the forum

Serpentine system for AMC V8 with York

I have the serpentine kit for the York AC and have the driver's side (i.e. power steering, crank, water pump and idler (upward) pulleys) and AC pulley aligned quite well, however, the AC required 1" spacers for alignment. In another thread it was mentioned that 1/2" spacers were designed for this?? I have not figured out how the alternator bracket is to mount, although I did have it before I had to move the AC out 1". I understand there may be some post-engineering required, but do both the AC mounting bracket and alternator bracket share the upper 3/8" dia. through water pump/timing cover bolt on the passenger side? Currently both of my brackets prefer the same position....... In example pictures it appears both do NOT share this bolt. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated as I highly anticipate completing this installation and have pursued it for quite some time now. Also, am I correct in that the alternator ONLY mounts to the alternator bracket with this serpentine system and DOES NOT utilize a through pivot bolt to the cylinder head or block as in OEM application? The following pictures illustrate my problem. Any assistant you or anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images