Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Computer Failure
Bulltear Ad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Computer Failure

Bulltear forum member Cook

Exclamation Computer Failure

I have a gateway computer (not sure of specs) that came with the kit I purchased the software was already loaded on it. 2 nights ago I turned the computer off and went to start it up last night and to my surprise it is a no go. When I plug the computer into power it automatically turns itself on and then 5 seconds later shuts itself back down. I opened the case and cleaned all the dust out of it, and still no go. I noticed with the case open, after the computer shuts itself down there is a green led still illuminated on the motherboard. So my question is if I have to replace the computer how do I go about getting all the software back on?

Thanks,
    Martin Fountain

if you feel like giving me a call 228-323-4918

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Martin what I would do is bring it to a PC repair shop. That way you will not loose any of your programs (if the hard drive is intact)
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

So if they can't pull the programs from the hard drive, I'm basically screwed?

No not screwed at all...but that's the best bet.
    [COLOR=#000000]

So what are my options if they can't pull it off the hard drive?

Getting you back up and running is very simple actually but to get your old programs (drawings, cut paths) back would be easier if you brought it into a PC shop. If it is something simple like a power supply then you have $30 into it and nothing changes, no headaches. If you buy a PC from us with everything loaded you would spend $450 shipped. If you bought a PC somewhere else (Dell OptiPlex 620) I could get you Mach 3 and sheetcam free (You paid for that already) and the drawing software key would need to be rebought since you are talking about a machine Pre-Bobcad.
    [COLOR=#000000]

what specs should I look for if I need a new computer? I don't use Bobcad for drawings, I use autocad and autodesk inventor. I would only need mach 3 and sheetcam. Do you have to send me the discs for those to programs or is that something I download and just get the license from you?

Right yes you can download the latest Sheetcam from Sheetcam.com (Stable version) and Mach 3 from CandCNC's website here

http://www.candcnc.com/manuals.htm "Master installer" at the bottom of the page. Use the DTHCII install file. Also PM me your email address I will see you get licenses ASAP
    [COLOR=#000000]

Right yes you can download the latest Sheetcam from Sheetcam.com (Stable version) and Mach 3 from CandCNC's website here

http://www.candcnc.com/manuals.htm "Master installer" at the bottom of the page. Use the DTHCII install file. Also PM me your email address I will see you get your again licenses ASAP

Dell OptiPlex 620 windows XP 32bit for the DTHCII. If it was a Star-Lab they can use virtually any PC with the new MarkIV THC.
    [COLOR=#000000]

I tired to send you a PM but it says your inbox is full. My email is martin_fountain@yahoo.com thanks for all the help!