Well got the motor back from the machine shop. Crank was trashed, as I knew it would be, and needs a minimum of .030" bore to fix cylinders. So I ask, who here runs the 304 pistons and what compression ratio do you use? This is going into a CJ5 jeep that is 90% street, and 10% off road. So it is getting a nice comp EX262 cam for good mid range, and long tube headers, along with a performer intake manifold. Would I could get the cheaper Sealed Power 30 over pistons for $244 from summit racing, I wonder what the power bump would be by getting say 1 full point of comrpession added to make a 9.5:1 compression ratio in this jeep. Looking to make it a fun driver.

Don't bother asking about a 360. The price of a used motor around here, then the parts it might need are far more expensive then fixing up my 304. Plus its a jeep not a race car. I found one used motor minus flywheel (that's another $197) for $600 and its got 130k on it and is about $100 away in fuel. So it's just not worth it to us to get a 360.