Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

401 AMC Blower Engine

Thread: 401 AMC Blower Engine

Thank you from BT Jedi gear head

401 AMC Blower Engine

Well I'm thinking it's time to change things up a bit and sell the whole engine from oil pan to Bugcatcher. From Flexplate to water pump. The whole engine build up can be viewed here,

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/jeep-...1-buildup.html

It has a little under 6 K miles. Runs excellent. I have all receipts and several threads can be found on this board on some of the special parts made by Bulltear.

Some parts as I remember them,

1976 401 Block removed from a Wagoneer. Xrayed, magnafluxed, stress risers removed. Has the oiling bypass tube mod installed. ored +.020 over.

BDS Bugcatcher with BDS Fuel injection plate. 16 Fuel Injectors.

Dyers Blowers 6-71 blower. Dyers AMC blower drive. Blower drive custom machined by me to operate better.

Classic FAST ECU

MSD 6 Ignition Box with the biggest MSD coil manufactured.

MSD flying magnet crank trigger.

NOS Nitrous Blower spray plate assembly with 16 injectors ..set up for 175 HP shot right now.... can be adjusted to maximun 400 Horsepower shot.

NOS Fuel and Nitrous solenoids.

Vertex magneto. Magneto locked out and operates as a simple distributor.

Standard size Crankshaft,magnafluxed, XRayed, Balanced and polished.

Standard length Carrillo connecting rods with pin oiling holes. Full float piston pins.

JE Pistons +.020 over with full floating pins. 8.75-1 compression ratio. JE Rings.

API balancer with full rotating assembly balance.

Mondello Steel Flexplate/Flywheel drilled for a Turbo Hydro 400 transmission.

All ARP hardware.

Stud girdle on lower end.

Powermaster Alternator/Starter.

401 Cast Iron Dogleg heads, ported, polished. Magnafluxed, x rayed, Exhaust crossover inplace but not used. Oversize valves, new bronze guides and seals when overhauled/rebuilt. Roller rockers.

Isky Blower cam (I have cam card in the paperwork). Isky cam lifters. I'll have to look up the pushrod manufacturer.

Custom Bulltear "Double Cherry" oil pump drive/water pump mount with a Moroso 22XXX series 3 stage oil pump. (Goodby AMC V-8 oiling issues forever)

All plumbed with Stainless Braid AN-12 Hoses and fittings.

Moroso floating pickup oil pan. Moroso Oil Tank. (Engine oiling system holds 23 quarts of oil)

York style Air conditioning compressor. (Power steering pump not included as it is setup for Hydro boost)

2 Inch Primary headers 34 inches long. 4 Inch collectors.

I'm sure I forgot lots more.. PM me and I'll email what you request.

You Tube dyno video

http://youtu.be/DmvzACSpQVM

http://youtu.be/DmvzACSpQVM

Lots of photobucket pics start here and go up 1000 pics

http://s25.photobucket.com/user/Blow...?sort=2&page=1

Asking $18,000 . I will help you install and explain the engine at your location if desired.

I'm thinking of going in another direction (Naturally Aspirated )

PM me.
    Last edited by Blown7; 03-03-2015 at 04:32 PM.
    1979 Jeep CJ-7 401 AMC, GMC 6-71 Blower 10% overdrive, Bugcatcher with electronic fuel injection and a little N2O for fun, all self built. (this supercharger stuff is easy)

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Wow Jeff! I didn't think I would see the day
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Well it gets a little tiring putting a garbage bag over the bug catcher every snow storm. Especially in New England this year... I'm going to stay with AMC.... just going to try to keep everything under the hood. I think a double turbo feeding a 401 would be real cool.

Last edited by Blown7; 03-05-2015 at 06:13 PM.
    1979 Jeep CJ-7 401 AMC, GMC 6-71 Blower 10% overdrive, Bugcatcher with electronic fuel injection and a little N2O for fun, all self built. (this supercharger stuff is easy)

Well the engines out and selling bits and pieces as it seems the only way to get everything sold nowadays.

So the .020" block, stock size crank, Romac Dampner Rollmaster Timing set ,blower cam, Milodon oil pan, Roller Rocker and Big Valve heads, Carillo rods, JE Pistons, AMC Legend Valve covers, Romac dampner, Rollmaster Chain set, Mondello Racing Flywheel ,Stud Girdle. All ARP studs has oiling bypass...................................
    and the Famous "Double Cherry" with the 22800 Moroso 2 stage dry sump pump are up first.

The Carrillo rods cost me $2500 alone.

Looking for $3000

If not I'll disassemble and sell everything separately.

Blower and all the other stuff is up for sale also

Dyers and my own design blower drive,

6-71 Dyers Blower

AMC Blower manifold modified for flow thru cooling for back of heads

Blower Drive Service Injector Plate

Bugcatcher

FAST Classic ECU

Aeromotive Fuel Regulators

Holley Nitrous Blower System..... 400HP "Throttle in a Bottle"

What sees to be miles of Aeroquip hose and fittings from -12 thru -6

(Real aircraft stuff not Summit or Jegs or Earls auto AN fittings)

Last edited by Blown7; 11-02-2015 at 07:12 AM.

Listed local on CL ,, next comes Eblay after that itf it doesn't sell well then it gets torn down to bits and pieces to sell....

Can ship to anywhere it has a steel engine cradle. I have forks on my loader so I can set into a box truck. Buyer makes all arraignments with shipper.

Seems like everyone wants a 401 AMC but they don't have any money......

Well the day has come.. a nice gentle man has come over and purchased this engine.

So for all purposes this engine is sold..... From the Bugcatcher to the bottom of Double Cherry.

It nice to see the engine will stay together and will be going into a AMX Gasser.

Congrats to the new owner............. Big Dave from CT!.

So if a moderator wants to close this thread that will be OK by me.