Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
First time cutting problems - Page 2
Bulltear Ad
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First time cutting problems

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Thanks for sending your PC back to us. I will have one of our guys look into it. Hopefully it just rattled a stick of ram loose.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

The PC and the hub power up and operate just fine. Can you tell me more about the issue you had and why you said they both went down?
    [COLOR=#000000]

Bulltear forum member Swabie
    Inconsistent cutting is the main problem I'm having. Had a couple instances of where the plasma was trying to fire, but it would just sit and fire for around 10 seconds with air, but wouldn't arc (the red light on the pmw was flickering). Why is it flickering? After a couple of tries it would come out of it with me not having to hit run.

Other times it would be cutting and than it would just stop half way through a square or going to cut the next square. I don't know the back ground to the program, but something is causing it to stop. I hit run and than it goes through the rest of the program and either blows air or randomly fires throughout the cut.

For awhile it cut a few more squares and after a few more cuts I couldn't get it to fire. Reset it and watched the PMW and never saw any red lights light up when i tried to manually fire the torch. Shouldn't a red light on the PMW be lighting up when I try to manually fire it? It had previously, but or some reason it isn't getting the signal.

Have you used my computer to run any programs along with the Hub that was sent back?

You might have mis understood my post# 10 when is said the computer and other part went out yesterday. I just wanted to let you know I shipped them back to you.

We are going to run it through the paces here. It may not be the PC or hub but something may have jiggled loose in the control box when it was in your trailer.
    [COLOR=#000000]

The controller was removed from the table during transport. Should I just send all the electronics back and exchange them for a different set?

Send it in as well and we will test that portion. So far the PC has not lost connection to the hub.
    [COLOR=#000000]

The control box and the other switch on the plasma were sent today. Also the ethernet and remaining cables were sent as well.

I am sure a cable came loose in the control box. We had just about the same thing happen to a customer in Canada. Look forward to checking it out for you Austin
    [COLOR=#000000]

Did you experience the same results as me?