Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
First time cutting problems
Bulltear Ad
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First time cutting problems

Bulltear forum member Swabie

First time cutting problems

Having some issues with my new set up after waiting a few months to get setup.

1) Sometime it will cut the first circle or line in the part and than on the next circle or line on the part it will stop in the middle of the program. I will hit run again and than it will finish out the part without cutting any thing. It has been pretty consistent with wanting to stop in the middle of the program and for me to hit run again 2-3 times to get it to finish. The torch is also been stopping and randomly cutting during this.

2) Some it will not fire at all and just be blowing air through the torch while its running the program.

3) After hitting reset and getting a solid green bar sometimes i can't toggle the torch using the key board. Will restart everything to get it to work

4) Sometimes when i turn on Bladerunner Mach 3 program I get the error below.

Wakeup Client doesn't reply
    -Yes to retry
    -No- to config
    -Cancel to quit

5) Should the ground cable be attached to the table or work piece?

I'm sure theres a couple things I might be doing wrong so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Your first couple of problems could be the ground cable on a powermax 65/85/10/125 not being turned clockwise all the way in on the power supply. The other thing that will affect all of that is loss of hub/PC talk. If you have an auxiliary USB drive (memory) hooked up, take it off. Check to make sure you have 4 lights on the hub (2 red, 2 green). If you take the power cord and move it around while looking at the hub see if the green power light flickers. Windows defender being on can do that, firewall as well. Check those two things first (Hub and plasma ground). The ground should be at a minimum attached to the slat holder.

Often times folks will turn everything off but the hub. Cycle power on everything and see if it is holding a buffered amount of info.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

I was able to twist the ground cable into the hypotherm a little bit more and did verify the 2 green/2 red lights are on. I did a test cut and everything worked. Should I be disconnecting power from the electronics every time? Any suggestions for controlling on the 3/16" parts. Using sheet cam for my setting..

Use the premade tool for 3/16". Loosing ground on the plasma power source or quick recovery of ground will cause that issue. Loose ground in the plasma power source is a HUGE source of endless head aches. Get that TIGHT it is made to be tight by turning clockwise until it doesn't turn.
    [COLOR=#000000]

Went to cut the square and circle that I had successfully cut yesterday and it didn't fire the torch and stopped after going through the g code for the circle. I had to hit run again and than it did the square and only blew air. Any suggestions would be great.

Check to see if windows defender is on or the firewall. If you used two different operations (one on the circle and one on the square) with different tools then that is normal. What isn't normal is the plasma not firing.
    [COLOR=#000000]

The defender and firewall were both off. Found a video on how manually fire the torch. The torch continued to be inconsistent when it fired. Sometimes it would blow air, produce an arc, or do nothing at all. Connections on the box connected to the torch are good. These same results persisted when I changed which USB port it was connected to on the computer.

I replaced the yellow cat 5 cable and I was able to get it to cut better than before. Ran some good consistent cuts without any problems and were the best I have seen so far. Still had a couple instances of where the plasma was trying to fire, but it would just sit and dry fire for around 10 seconds with air (the red light on the pmw was flickering). After a couple of tries it would come out of it with me not having to hit run. After a few more cuts I couldn't get it to fire. Reset it and watched the PMW and never saw any red lights light up when i tried to manually fire the torch. With the torch on I unplugged the usb from the computer and it started blowing air, but didn't fire. Tried running a program and couldn't get anything to fire. Shut everything down and couldn't get it to go.

I almost don't think its an electronics issue. Flickering might be a Ethernet issue. Lets do some PC swapping. I can send you up another PC preloaded but will need yours down here first to double check all the settings and get your software licenses done.
    [COLOR=#000000]

The PC and the RS485 port hub went out yesterday.