First, I am a Engine builder with over 25 years of experience , but am always willing to learn something , humble enough to realize that I don't know everything ( www.kevinsmachine.com )

I have got a 304 that is whuppin my A$$ , rebuilt this 304 out of a 78' Jeep CJ last December for a friend of mine , we mainly do custom and performance ,so we meticulously do cleaning and machining , stock replacement's I usually order from ATK, LKQ , none were avail. at the time , so we did it ,

ran great for 6months , cust. called me with oil press issues , told him to pull it , tore it down ,sure enough ,bearing issues ,bad enough journals on crank were compromised , scratched my head to figure out why it happened

Even got on this site and did a lot of research about all the oiling issues these engines have ,especially after a rebuild
upon inspection noticed that the bypass valve for the pump was sticking , even after we had removed and deburred and honed the bore from the first rebuild , figured the aluminum housing got distorted while going thru heat cycles ,I just happen to have another 304 in the shop at the same time out of a 70 Javelin , didn't want to take any chances ,so i used the housing off it ( was in better shape) went thru all the setting end play on pump gears and addressed all other issues talked about on this site , reassembled put oil and filter (WIX) on , then primed it ,so the customer wouldn't have too

Now it's done it again , and the oil pressure is still around 50psi with no reporting from the customer ever loosing oil pressure ( mechanical autometer guage )

Any thoghts or advise ??????