Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Canton Oil pan

Thread: Canton Oil pan

Bulltear forum member New to the forum

Canton Oil pan

I'm putting my 401 back together and have purchased a Canton 15-554 oil pan and 20-720 external pickup. Can someone give advise on how to marry the two? It doesn't look like there is any particular place on the pan that it should be mounted. I also got the remote filter plate that Mike sells. This will be going in a Jeep. Pictures would be awesome.
    Thanks
    Jason

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    That part number is NOT compatible with a swinging pickup. It has the lower oil traps IIRC. You need to find a deep pan that has the holes or use the Canton extended pickup.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    Isn't the 20-720 a bung that you weld in? If that's the case, then I'd put it somewhere in the middle of the sump, since on a Jeep you don't want starvation on extreme uphill or downhill. I think the external is overkill, I'd just run the Canton internal pickup and add new pump gears and a midplate. Get a new timing cover if the original is heavily scored in the pump housing.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

15-554 - AMC ROAD RACE OIL PAN (15-554)

This “T” Sump oil pan is for AMC V8s in production chassis. It has an 8" deep, 10-1/2" wide, and 9" long sump that holds 8 quarts, 9 quarts with filter. This pan requires our 15-555 pickup kit for internal oil applications or our 20-720 pickup for external oil line applications. Installation of external pickup kit is avsilable. You must use stock dipstick.

The Pan Features:
    * For Performance Street, Drag, or Road Race
    Applications
    * 14 Gauge Steel Construction
    * Triple Trap Door Baffles
    * Removable Windage/Anti-Slosh Baffle
    * 1/2" NPT Temperature Bung
    I copied that off their page. Should I return that pan an just get the Miloden with the hookup already in place? I was advised that the Canton pan was better so that why I went with it.

I called and talked with Canton. They were very helpful. They said the dump kit is separate so the pickup tube could be placed on whatever side you want. Simple weld on. Thanks though.