Hi guys

Kind of newbie here. Bought myself an 1979 CJ7 with an V8 401 engine and a torgueflight 727 auto transmission. We did a frame off restauration (exept the engine and transmission). Drove it this summer, but my Oil pressure is kind of critical when warm. Cold i have 60-70 psi of pressure and warm 0-5 psi at idle and 10-15 psi at 2000 rpm. One day at the Beach under an acceraltion, the engine starts making a ticking noise, so i think one of the lifters maybe gone bad. Allthrough the engine runs and drive good...

Well anyway, i decided to make what some would Call a semi renovation. I dont currently have the space and facility to Pull out the engine, so crank and cam bearings just have to sit tight for now.

The engine has a edelbrock performer intake with a 4bbl edelbrock Carb. The heads are iron and honestly dont know much about the pistons, valvetrain a.s.o. The exhaust Headers are Doug's fenderwell style - ceramic coated.

My plan Was to do an udgrade of the rockers, cam, lifters, timing cover, timing chain, HEI distributor, and all the Oil pump udgrade that bulltear Provides.

So here's my plan for parts..:

COMP Cams High Energy Die-Cast Aluminum Rocker Arms 17044-16
COMP Cams High Energy Rocker Arm Studs 4500-16

Lunati Voodoo Cam and Lifter Kits 10100702LK
Lunati 93018 Timing chain and gear set. AMC 401

Bulltear AMC-V8 Pushrods gold (increased crank oiling) with smaller feedhole
Bulltear HD Guideplates AMC V8 (71-91)

Bulltear Oil filter relocation kit
Bulltear AMC V8 timing cover
Bulltear AMC HEI unit w/o gear set
Bulltear AMC "HRC" oil pump gears

Any comments and ideas are welcome