Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Serpentine Setup Help

Thread: Serpentine Setup Help

Bulltear forum member New to the forum

Serpentine Setup Help

Hey Guys,

I installed your setup on my 69 AMX, I have had a hard time keeping my belt from coming off at high RPM's. I have to put a lot of tension the belt VIA the alternator in order to get it to stop squealing, when I do this it seems to tweak the alternator a little bit which is obviously causing the belt to come off.
    Is there a Spring Tensioner option so i can avoid having to put all the pressure on from my alternator? Have you heard of any other customers having an issue? Any Suggestions? The setup is Running Water Pump, Power steering and Alternator.

Thanks,
    Brad

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Misalignment is the ONLY way a serpentine belt squeaks unless it is so loose it isnt gripping at all. Check for misalignment...you definately have it somewhere
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Bulltear forum member New to the forum
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepsr4ever View Post
    Misalignment is the ONLY way a serpentine belt squeaks unless it is so loose it isnt gripping at all. Check for misalignment...you definately have it somewhere
    Gotcha, I'll work on that until it doesn't squeak without banjo string tension on it.

Thanks

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Sometimes a straight edge will tell you where the misalignment is. It could be even in the idler wheel on the drivers side. If the upper part is cocked that will do it. Make sure that wheel is vertical to the crankshaft pulley
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689