Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
Dana 60's
Bulltear Ad

Thread: Dana 60's

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar

Dana 60's

Has anybody seen or used a 40spline axle for dana 60 or ford 9", I cant seem to locate a locker, all i find are spools
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

I think the reason there are no lockers for these axles is that the ones that need 40 spline strenght are the 1/4 mile cars . The spool is much more predicatable on the line for launching the car and thus the after market goes for the demand and supply thing ! Only an idea for what its worth ? The 1/4 mile car that i sponsorerd up here in B.C. used the detroit with 35 spline axles and took it out for the 40 spline spool setup for a straighter launch!
    cj7 360 roller motor 291c heads np435 dana300 4-1 plus northwest fab 2.72 black box, currie hi pinion 9 inch front and currie rock jock dana60 rear,38 inch tsls custom shackle reversal and a little bit of rust lol

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    your right, i now have seen 46 spline 60 shafts
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    I read an article on a rock crawler rig that was running 40 spline shafts and I think ARB's. He had to custom alter the locker from a 35 spline version. I can take a look at home once I get off work if you want. He was running 40 spline from hub to hub in both the front and rear. Pretty beefy stuff. It's just a metter of time before the after market starts making this stuff, I think. The only thing I have ever seen are spools myself. I think that guy did a lot of the work himself and the axles still cost him 10 grand or something like that. But hey, you know he is never gonna break them! Iam thinking about going the Superior Super 44 kit instead of going Dana 60 myelf. I just haven't decided yet. Course I do have a line on a front dodge dana 60 / rear 70 with 4.56's for $1200 that just need new bearings and seals. Hmmm, decisioins, decisions!!
    Jack