Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Oil pump gears........
Bulltear Ad
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oil pump gears........

Oil pump gears........

Are the gears pictured in the product section the new "high flow" gears, or is that pic just for reference ?? They look like stock gears to me. How are the new gears different from the OEM style ? I'm doing a new engine for next year with a Milodon external set-up, & was wondering what makes the gears flow more. Thanks.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    I desinged new geometry, they look almost like stock but flow better i have 2 sets 20 percent and 40 percent for sale next week, alot of bs went into these gears...........LOL
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

cancel the sale for now, but i hope these gears go into production soon :cry: :cry: :cry:
    [COLOR=#000000]

Sale ??

What sale ?? I was trying to get some info on what supposedly makes these gears so "special". Still waiting....... I've seen some of the talk on other boards, & honestly all I've seen is a lot of nothing. Like others, I'd like to see some actual proof on how these gears boost volume. Again, haven't seen that yet....... The mistake you made was "spreading the word" about these gears all over the net, without having product to sell.

ok here the low down on them, they have new geometry a helical design, i need product liability insurance on them, they arent cheap to produce, the actual numbers are 19.5% over stock with a 7% pressure boost and 41.3 over stock with a 15% pressure boost. I am hoping to get these cheap enough to sell in the under $50 range, i have a set in my 401 and a couple of friends and thats it for now, These were tested using a 360 and several oil pump casings, the casings were machined out of aluminum and heat was added for expansion testing, so far they work great, but the cost on them to make is very high, I realise i was pre-mature in posting them, but if they see the light of day for AMC fans, they will be a revolutionary new part, Im just surprised nobody has done this before
    [COLOR=#000000]

Thank you from BT Grease Monkey

Since we're talking gears...

Years ago, I had a set of high volume oil pump gears. They came with a 1/2" spacer and the gears were 1/2" longer. They also came with a new check valve and spring. The system worked great on a 304 with NOS, 780cfm holley, tunnel ram, big bump stick and headers. When I got rid of the 304, the pump went with it and have yet to find this setup again. Any chance somebody knows about this, or would be willing to re-man this set-up? It was a simple way to increase oil pressure and up the volume to the back of the motor.

that was a set of 318 oil pump gears with a stainless steel adaptor, ive seen this but reguard it as homo because of the extra plate......LOL
    [COLOR=#000000]

hi-flow oil pump,

I'll be interested in a set of the 20% when your ready to sell.

High volume oil pump gears

I can't believe this topic died considering the number of articles and post on this forum from people who are looking for a better way to oil their AMC V8s. You mentioned a set of gears would cost about $50, a new "normal" set cost about $25. It would seem to me that the extra $25 dollars for an increase in oil pump volume of 19.5% would be a bargain! What happened?? Put a set of those gears in a new inspected cover and you have an oiling system far superior to what the factory ever put out. But, please don't forget the high volume oil pan, it would do no good for the pump to drain the pan and then run with no oil.
    77 J20

The problem is that they are expensive to make and I need to batch a ton of them to get the price down.... I have made about 30 sets 4 were out of aluminum and the rest were either mild steel or hardened steel. The process has been defined BUT if we are talking about a pan and gears then the price would be around $180. So you see its problematic, now some amc'ers dont like the fact that weve made these. At one point I got emails wanting to know the process and all our critical data on how we arrived at our numbers and the process of the gears and even one on the tooth profile.........Thats nuts. Its like giving away everything you've worked for.

rant off:
    [COLOR=#000000]