Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
ripped off
Bulltear Ad

Thread: ripped off

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar

ripped off

I saw a set of chrome valve cover for amc v8's for 40 bucks they were the tiawanese covers, ...junk they only cost the manufacturer 10 bucks to buy, why would anyone try to rip us offf like that, EVEN with non usa parts
    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr................LOL
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Hey at least taiwan is a free economy. stifeled though it may be. Its still better than Chinese

jesse

ive got a set of thos covers and they are soo thin they dont seal, what a bunch of bull shit,,,,sorry MC but i hate getting ripped of as well, :twisted:
    Built cj7 40's 44's 20 th400 360

Whered you get em? Ebay, JCW? 4wd hardware?

Atleast we can kow where to avoid.

Jesse

Hey CORPORAL..LOL yup they are the ones on ebay and other amc shows, they are the cheap chromies, if you go chrome go edelrock at least, because the others are thin and will leak, bumms a guy out
    [COLOR=#000000]

I got a 258 valve cover very similar to what you described once for twenty bucks. I think it was one of the JCW Chrome jobs. Its got rust where the oil wasnt sticking, but Im not upset. I got what I paid for. you cant really beat a metal valve cover for an AMC 6 for twenty bucks. Although it seems that mine was thicker thatn the ones you have. I havent had sealing issues with mine. - er, well its on a 258 so maybe its just so much better, that Im in denail about the other leaks . If your not worried about the finish and are stuck with them, have a buddy at work runa few TIG beads around the bottom of it to stiffen the walls up. Shit, I'll buy em off you sometime if youre that ed with em. I might Know someone wanting a set of chromies.

Me, I prefer aluminium, or plain ol black painted rusting steel.

Jesse

yeah i prefer aluminum all the way over steel or PLASTIC........LOL
    [COLOR=#000000]