Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
powerlock vs traclock
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: powerlock vs traclock

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar

powerlock vs traclock

I have a power lock dana 70 and a track lock dana 44 and the 44 tracklock is brand new and the 70 is from the seveties the traclock sucks compared to the powerlock but they both use clutches...anyone else ever run across this??
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

I have heard many times that Powerlock was the best from the old timers.

yeah thats what i heard but i guess only this spring will tell me..
    [COLOR=#000000]

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    just go detroit locker :lol: what i have in my 44

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

wouldnt it be great if detroits were affordable :)
    [COLOR=#000000]

Powerlock vs. traclock

Hello from The Toy Maker
    Powerlocks are load sensative limited slip units with minimun drag when not under power, lock up when load applied. Traclock is heavy preload unit with minimun increase of lockup with increase of torque. Powerlock was used in the older models, with the last Dana supplied used in model 70's. Parts are available for some from Dana, the rest fom selected aftermarket sources. Dana changed to the traclock due to significantly lower mfg. cost. All traclock parts are available from Dana, as are new units. New Powerlocks are available through the aftermarket. Powerlocks are significantly stronger and hold much harder, although the torque apply feature is a double edge sword. If there is no traction on one wheel, there may not be enough torque to apply the powerlock to suppply power to the other wheel. In this case, a light application of the brakes can substitute for traction, requiring torque to overcome brakes, applying Powerlock.
    I am one of those oldtimers, have been into Jeeps for over 25 years. I have a shop in Tallahassee, Florida, where I do custon vehicle work (Toy Making), with emphasis on performance, chassis, and driveline work. Enjoy your site.

good info toymaker thanks for joining and WELCOME ABOARD!! :D
    [COLOR=#000000]

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS

Powerlock vs. traclock

COOL BEANS! Hello Toymaker!
    I've been 'toying' with the idea of a locker of some type, but then I'm looking to swap up in axles so really don't want to spend $$$ on something I'll be changing in a few months. Do you have a website we can visit to see what you've got going on?

And to be honest when I saw "Toymaker" I was thinking you made kids toys not Big Kid TOYS :lol:

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

web site

Sorry, I do not have a web site at this time- can not justify the increased overhead. However, if the "Attachment " function on this board was activated (hint-hint), I could post some pics of what I am doing.

I usually call it Adult Toys, but that gets its own share of confusion.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Thanks, if you want I can be e-mailed at mudrat@therange.com.

Pat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE