Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
4 Inch SUA lif or SOA?

Thread: 4 Inch SUA lif or SOA?

4 Inch SUA lif or SOA?

Assume a dropped pitman for the SOA and a longer rear shaft for either- Which one seems to be a better way to go? Ive participated in an SOA, and liked the results, but did not drive the jeep much, and it never got extended shafts, or a dropped pitman. Not too bad with the 258, but it was hairy with the 360.

Both is NOT an option. That'd be suicidal

Jesse

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    expect longer drive shafts for both and a new pitman arm, a lot of body roll for the SOA and better articulation for the SOA but really depends on if its a daily driver or if you care how it handles down the road. Lift springs will be better than spring over on road and personally i believe in lift springs versus spring over, i had a lot of wheel hop when i went to spring over
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Ive seen the wheel hop problems that come with SOA, but Ive seen springs get wrapped up with both, When We went SOA on my buddies Jeep, It ride was much better, and it articulated like mad compared to stock SUA. He had spring wrap problems with SOA and a 258. although he had fourbanger springs. Hell, my 258 powered Eagle will wrap the rear springs severly, and thats SOA with 2.73s. I jsut wanted some others opinions on it all. I left the dropped Pitman out of the Lift equation because most of the more complete kits seem to come with them.

Jesse
    Funny noise? Turn the radio up.

you know what jess i wouldnt hold it against you if you went SOA.LOL its really a economical way to lift a great deal of jeep, hey you need a avatar my man, thats the transformer dude i have when i post, check into it ok
    [COLOR=#000000]

I Tried. I guess Im going to work on it being less than 2kB. I hade one made up and it was about 3kB. Im going to try different file extentions and whatnot, to see if i can get one up.

Jesse
    Funny noise? Turn the radio up.

Battalion commander :P :P :P :P :P :( :( how come im just a lowsy moderator.....
    [COLOR=#000000]

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    Just to add an experience for someone who might go and reference this.

With a SUA setup you can get really good results

We did 4.5 Rubicon Express Extreme duty Wrangler Rear springs for the rear of my CJ7 and 4.5 RE ED Rear CJ springs for the front. reason being the rear spring packs have 1 added leaf and are longer, we then went with lockable revolver shackles in the rear, changed the shock mounts to be longer using a ford tower and have had Excellent results, it flex's almost as well as a Wrangler in our group who is using RE1.5" SOA springs on his 4 popper, I say almost because he can drop more but i do better in side hill off camber positions.

I am experimenting with a in frame rail Shackle reversal in the front this year, we will see how that goes. I also run a 1" body lift with mild trimming and 35" tires on WT spec'd axles

Anyways you havent lived til you've experienced leaf spring hang time.
    IF washington wont quit spending money like mad men then i suggest we claim 9 deductions in 2010 and withold or taxes till the final dead line of 4/15/2011.

CJ7 AMC401 http://www.fordification.com/images/forum/bug.gif

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I WON'T!!" -General George Patton
    Member #377

What about a SOA on a FSJ ( daily driver ) ?

have'nt done a SOA on a FSJ , have seen photos and at first glance it looks really easy with an extended pitman arm & new shocks.

why do you need longer drive shafts/axles ? if you replaced the the main spring with a heavy duty unit and kept the rest , would this help with the Spring wrap ?