Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Any body welded up spider gears before? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any body welded up spider gears before?

Supermissle Weld rod does not go by a number like normal rods- and is byno means a "normal" rod. Check out Super Missle and Ultra Super Missle Weld at
    www.jwharris.com/welref/techguide/steel_cover/#1
    Also available as wire- see
    www.jwharris.com/images/pdf/3-smw.pdf
    Properly done, the welds with SMW or 7018 will self de-slag, requiring minimal cleaning by bead blast or ultrasonic if the carrier is removed and stripped. I do not weld gears in the housing except in the field for emergency use, although I have wilded more than I care to remember laying on a sheet of plastic in the mud beside a pond. Under these conditions, cleanliness is not usually the customers priority, it is getting back into the frey after breaking the spyder gears, if the axle gears are intact. Choices of rod are usually slim to none, sometimes bare wire. Yee-haa.
    "Take It Out And Stick It" :twisted:

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    YEHAAWW :lol:
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

looks like good stuff, but i cant justify spending money on rods, when I can get a hold of fistfulls of 7018 for free at school and have a 50 lb box of 11018-M -Milspec, Subwire, low alloy low hydrogen- So I think that I could do a decent Job with that.

anyways, this is all a ways a head of me yet. I may end up going for a ride tomorrow after a freebie SJ. That and the Cars not legal, and I cant get the welder to it, excuses excuses. at worst i go after it with some 6010 for the root passes and a couple covers of a Lo-hy rod.

Jesse
    Funny noise? Turn the radio up.

Thank you from BT Grease Monkey
    Just to add to this topic.. we welded mine with a stick, spiders only, from inside the housing... It broke like 3 times, I finally gave it to my friend who build armor for tanks, he mig welded it solid to the case.. When your weld lets go from the spiders, chances are you're gonna ruin something in there... So it's more cost effective to do it the right way first..