Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Automatic Transmissions? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Automatic Transmissions?

do you suppose that some kind of small Barbed Plastic, steel or brass 90* nipple could be jammed into the vent, and attached to a tube? Havent been inside of any automatics- so Ive got a pile o' questions.

Jesse
    Funny noise? Turn the radio up.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    i suppose it could but would it seal, its really not that hard to get a line glued in there
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

do you mean gluning some kind of steel/ hard plastic (airbrake) line into the hose or are you talking about Fuel/vauume line? Also, what is this Gaskacinch? Like JBweld? Or is it some kind of mettalic epoxy?

Thanks
    Jesse

i suppose jb weld would work if you make it soft, i mean a rubber or clear plastic line, you dont need a steel one..........gosh i wish i had pictures
    [COLOR=#000000]

I dont mean to be a pest but can you be a little more specific about the type of tubing to use?

Jesse

jesse just go down to your local parts store or hardware and pickup some clear hose that will fit in the hole, then jb weld it in place
    [COLOR=#000000]

Thats what I was looking for. I havent got an engine separated from ta slushbox yet, I jsut have this plan developing in my head, 258 TF998 D300 in a scout chassis, so Im asking questions relating to my plans, and I want to beable to cross water with it. If the auto doesnt work I'll bite the bullet and go T150 and Dana20.

Thanks!
    Jesse

If there is a bullet to be bitten, suggest you consider steping up to a TH400 and have something worth having. Stronger more durable unit, longer case allowing longer front shaft for better drive shaft angles, has external vent already. Can be used with 20 or 300 with appropriate adapter.

Ive never seen an AMC Th400, and doubt that I would have enough power to warrant the use of it. THe biggest AMC mill that IVe got acess to is a 304- and I havent the interest in it to put it in an offroad vehicle. I've got a lot of faith in the 6s and personally Id rather have one- Just so I can harass my buddies whove got the V8s :P . I have conemplated adapting a Th350 and D300 to an AMC plant. I think that would be a good combo- But to tell you the truth, If I spring for a big adapter kit, Im going to spend the money on a Novak Dana 300 adapter kit for the Ford NP435.
    But while Im on the adaption subject;
    My other thought was to get a Dodge Np435 (with the deep gear) and a Transfer, and a Ford NP435 Input, Yeilding a great gearbox witha good transfer that has the correct drop, and plenty of reduction for what I plan on doing.

Jesse