Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Troubles with synchro snaps - T-150 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Troubles with synchro snaps - T-150

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    it will melt down in the gear oil and let the oil lube it a standard thing with trannys when rebuilding them hope this info helped you any other ques ask or drop me a line

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

Ive been using Chevron grease. Its an industrial stuff, but its kinda runny for grease.

Jesse
    Funny noise? Turn the radio up.

if it dont clog the oil holes in cluster gears it might work if it does could whipe out the needles

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

its pretty slippery runny stuff for grease (its prolly broken down over the dozen years or so weve had it) the needles will run out quite easily if the input shaft is tiped up. I think what I'll do is just do a short hop with a mix of 10-40 and ATF and then fill it up with whatever's supposed to be in it. BTW what is supposed to be init? 10-40 or Gear lube?

Thanks

Jesse

same as a rear 80-140

That stuff gets pretty greasy when its cold, I think I'll be Ok. Its not together yet (Im waiting for my Idler gar shaft to come in from 4WD hardware) So, when I do my final assembly I may scrape out the Grease and slap in the Vaselene.

Jesse

It's a chemical thing...
    Vaseline is chemically compatable with all petroleum based lubes, as it has no additives. It is relatively pure petroleum jelly, where as grease is a base stock of thickeners meant to hold oil in position (suspension) with additives to acheive the proper lubricating characteristics. That is how they get the different grades of grease, with different formulas. The additives of petroleum based grease are not chemically compatible with the additives in engine, compressor, ATF, gear lube, or pretty much anything else but grease of the same grade. There are sometimes chemical incompatability issues with certin metals as well. There are exceptions, like Auto Trans Assembily lube, and Amsoil Multipurpose Grease, which have broad spectrum compatability, however it is safest to use Vaseline if you are not sure. Just don't try to use it for engine assembily lube.

nice detailed reply I just could not put it that way :)