Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
To disco...or to not disco...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To disco...or to not disco...

To disco...or to not disco...

That is the question.

Who has just removed and tossed their sway bars?

Do you recommend it?

Any problems?

Tell me...tell me please.... :D

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar
    I don't have my sway bar connected on my cj. Around where i live mostly city driving and highway driving i do not notice a differance. As soon as i get on to some back roads near my parents house I have to drive much slower b/c it definatly leans a lot more.

SO if you drive back roads a lot i would suggest keeping it. If you are on more highways take it off. OR disconnect it drive around for a day or two and see how it feels
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

My Bro in Law has his sway bars disconnected on his CJ, and even withthe crazy amount of lift he has, and the 37" MTR's he is running, he says it drives just fine.
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...81293-thmb.jpg
    Phoenix is not Alaska, but it works...

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    I run 14"s of lift and 39.5's on my 85 and i have a sway bar, once i took it off and noticed alot more rolling of the chassis and it was hard to steer down the road
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Interesting...different experiences...hmmm...

Here's why I ask....

Small pic...but you'll notice the lack of flex and the air and light under the D/S tire...need more flexy...

Quote Originally Posted by Floridajeeper
    Interesting...different experiences...hmmm...

Here's why I ask....

Small pic...but you'll notice the lack of flex and the air and light under the D/S tire...need more flexy...
    what about a set of sway bar quick disco's then???
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

I think I'll likely take your earlier suggestion about trying it out for a few days...if I don't like it...then I may opt for a set of QD's... :D

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by pyagid
    I don't have my sway bar connected on my cj. Around where i live mostly city driving and highway driving i do not notice a differance. As soon as i get on to some back roads near my parents house I have to drive much slower b/c it definately leans a lot more.

SO if you drive back roads a lot i would suggest keeping it. If you are on more highways take it off. OR disconnect it drive around for a day or two and see how it feels
    Pyagid: (what is that by the way? Pyagid )
    What are you running for axles and tires? Your rig looks similar to what I'm about to put on the road (again), but I can't make out what rubber ur runn'n. And I can't even get my panhard rods (thanks TM) back in without twisting up my springs, so I'm looking for a set of the adjustable ones.

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Quote Originally Posted by Mudrat
    Quote Originally Posted by pyagid
    I don't have my sway bar connected on my cj. Around where i live mostly city driving and highway driving i do not notice a differance. As soon as i get on to some back roads near my parents house I have to drive much slower b/c it definately leans a lot more.

Pyagid: (what is that by the way? Pyagid )
    What are you running for axles and tires? Your rig looks similar to what I'm about to put on the road (again), but I can't make out what rubber ur runn'n. And I can't even get my panhard rods (thanks TM) back in without twisting up my springs, so I'm looking for a set of the adjustable ones.

Mudrat
    instead of a hijack see here
    http://www.bulltear.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=560
    - Mahatma Gandhi

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Man that is less flexible than a steel rod laying against a tree, WHAT THE!!! Wow !
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689