Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
SOA Questions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SOA Questions

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar

SOA Questions

I am going to be going SOA very soon. I am also planning on trussing my m20 rear axle. I was wondering if anyone has a good design for a anti-wrap bar that either could be incorporated with the truss. Or run seperatly. Pictures would be great.

Also what angle do I want to set the axles at? I am not running a transfercase drop or anything currently.
    Thanks
    Paul
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

On jeepaholics.com there is a post for a "Bam Bar" that looks really cool. I can't remembe the angle I set my 8.8 at when I put it in.

thanks for the tip. I found it here
    http://www.jeepaholics.com/tech/bambar/

- Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    DONT DO IT THAT WAY!

These guys who think they are engineering a great piece maybe didnt research it all that well, You see as the spring compresses the geometry of the pinion yoke changes, IT ACTUALLY MOVES DOWN (BAD) with that set-up. There are 2 ways i know of to help psring wrap and axle hop and one is a ladder bar, the other is a longer spring purch on the axle.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

GOOD point MC I looked at it and was like that should work cool but not being an engineer or fabricator I don't see all the forces in effect.

It is really to bad that someone put all that great effort into that mod, look at the cross brace, it looks awesome!! This reminds me of my all stainless timing cover i made, engineering disaster because it was billet the thermal expansion rate was huge and it warped warped warped, and thats all i will say about that .......LOL
    [COLOR=#000000]

so will a longer perch like the ones RE has eliminate axle wrap with out a lader bar.......I was planning on purchasing something or making something like taht anyway.???
    - Mahatma Gandhi

That is a question I need answered also. I will be swapping in d44s on my CJ7 and doing a soa. How long should I make the perched. Do you have any pic.s of it?

ok 9" channel with a cut out of the tube diameter your going to use in teh middle (4.5"s from either end) and that really really decreases the axle wrap
    [COLOR=#000000]

Quote Originally Posted by jeepsr4ever
    ok 9" channel with a cut out of the tube diameter your going to use in teh middle (4.5"s from either end) and that really really decreases the axle wrap
    Should this be done front and rear or does it really only need to be done on the rear?
    - Mahatma Gandhi