Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
gear set up

Thread: gear set up

gear set up

Does anyone know of a website that goes through regearing the d30 and d35 with good detail and pictures?

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    If we are talking about ring and pinion, I am thinking of posting some tech articles on that, but right now i dont have the time
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

http://www.thedirtforum.com/differential.htm

Not sure how much help it will be. Setting up differentials isn't hard its just alot of attention to detail, and its the details that will make or break your install and gear life.

If we are talking about ring and pinion, I am thinking of posting some tech articles on that, but right now i dont have the time

Yea I am going to be changing from 3.07 to 4.10's pretty soon so I just want to see what is involved. Matt

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by durbs

Yea I am going to be changing from 3.07 to 4.10's pretty soon so I just want to see what is involved. Matt
    Going from 3.07 to 4.10 I am pretty positive you are going to need to change the carrier as well. I believe the carrier is the same for 2.73-3.54 then there is a different carrier for 3.73 and smaller.
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

Durbs, what vehicle are you doing this swap in???

yea i am sure i will need new carries too, I am doing this in a 97 Tj with d30/d35

A less expensive way would be to get the 4Cyl axles that have the 4.10's in them and just swap the whole axle.

3.07 -> 4.10's
    Carriers Front and Rear
    Master Install Kits (D30/D35)
    D30 Standard Rotation R/P
    D35 R/P