Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Hummer Diff question

Thread: Hummer Diff question

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar

Hummer Diff question

i was looking at the aussie locker webpage today (mc i know you don't approve) but I noticed that a model 20 locker and a hummer locker are the same part number and both say amc 20 axle. Do Hummers use the AMC 20 differential? or what do they use? I did notice however that the hummer requires a diff case change.

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

From what I recall it looks exactly like the same pumpkin as the AMC 20. Hummers just use the center section though, no axle tubes. Also I noticed that it says you have to change the differential case, thats because Hummers have the torsen LSD unit installed. The toresn unit is the same as the Detroit TruTrac.

I have an aussie for a model 30 for sale if you are interested

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by W.T.Sumner
    I have an aussie for a model 30 for sale if you are interested
    Not yet I already pm'd you about that :D :cry:
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    WT durbs was looking for one! Your probly looking at a typo on that list, but interesting..........i really doubt the hummer used the same size spiders as a AMC 20
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Quote Originally Posted by jeepsr4ever
    WT durbs was looking for one! Your probly looking at a typo on that list, but interesting..........i really doubt the hummer used the same size spiders as a AMC 20
    Its an AMC 20 pumpkin section, but not the internals. Internally they use a full case Torsen/Gleason LSD, which is a geared LSD unit similar to the TruTrac.

For what it is worth alot of the information on the Aussie locker site is incorrect. They have the wrong spline counts for my Dana 70, they say it is 32 when I know it is a 35. I asked bill on this, and basically he said they have yet to develope the lockers for the "big" difs and they won't be around till next summer. This is what I got from him:

To Bill:

"Hi I am wondering if you have a locker available for my Jeep. Currently
    > I am running a Dana 70 axle from a 82 Dodge 1 ton truck. Everything I
    > have read about this axle confirms that it is a 35 spline axle and
    > carrier. However looking at your web site and PDF the locker you show
    > for it is a 32 spline applications. Your part number is XD 17032. My
    > question is one, do you have a locker for this axle available, two, why
    > the discrepancie? It would look like I should use the XD 17035 that was
    > on the Fords, do you have this locker available?

From Bill:

"There are a couple of Dana 60 and 70 diffs out there with different splines.
    >Our list represents some of those and not all, since the list you were in
    >represents the planned product development over the next 14 months. >The
    >larger diffs will be summer projects for our engineers and we will have >the
    >correct model numbers in place long before then. Thank you for bringing >it
    >to our attention, and we appreciate your interest in the Aussie Locker."

So take what is in that pdf with a grain of salt.

Yep, Hummers use AMC20's ft & rear (cool to see a little AMC living on in AM-General).
    The ones I checked out didn't use the trademark domed 'helmet' dif cover though.
    MJ on Q's & 37" Boggers, 98' XJ daily driver, 71' Javelin/AMX 360/4spd, old school 86-88' GSXR's & her ZJ