Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
Use a Ford high pinion reverse cut dana 44 for a jeep/chevy

Thread: Use a Ford high pinion reverse cut dana 44 for a jeep/chevy

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar

Use a Ford high pinion reverse cut dana 44 for a jeep/chevy

ok guys here is the next tech, I am taking this axle and setting it up for a driver side drop, this is a high pinion dana 44 with the better reverse cut gears, these fronts are SUPERIOR to your standard 44 front

[COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

ok here i am cutting through the weld that hold the tube in place, i use propane but prefer petrogen (gasoline). WEAR SAFETY GLASSES or full face protection that weld spatters out when you hit it, i also pounded the tubes out with a sledge...i was beat..what a wuss
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...81293-thmb.jpg
    Phoenix is not Alaska, but it works...

now for the other side
    [COLOR=#000000]

OK DANGIT should have done the short side first, oh well i will get the tube out later, here i actually cut right through the axle shaft itself!! The axle tube was cut because i was running low on time

[COLOR=#000000]

ouch... but nothing that cant be fixed...
    this CJ 44 in your signature... that would be a passenger drop standard cut? how wide?

no i have a wagoneer widetrack housing cutdown and rewelded for a widetrack cj
    [COLOR=#000000]

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Uhhhhh, you are gonna make it drivers side drop? It already was. I guess you mean passenger side drop? Mt friend just took that same axle and dropped it into his TJ. They had a little trouble getting the weld on the pumpkin to work for the brackets, but its a hoss now. So why do you think the HP 44 is superior? It has more oiling problems than a regular 44, causing premature wear. Thats why you don't see many HP rear differentials. Anything I am missing here?
    Jack

The oiling problems mostly come when you set the pinion angle up, but in reality it is a little pumkin and the pinion bearing usually gets enough oil, thats really the only place where oiling problems occur
    [COLOR=#000000]

The main reason the hi pinion or reverse spiral diffs are not used in rear ends is that the gear set is used in idle mode ! The same thing makes a standard cut gear set the weaker in the front , thyere is about 80 percent strenght in idle mode than standard mode! Thus the reason why some of the later dana 30s in some yjs and tjs are reverse cut !
    cj7 360 roller motor 291c heads np435 dana300 4-1 plus northwest fab 2.72 black box, currie hi pinion 9 inch front and currie rock jock dana60 rear,38 inch tsls custom shackle reversal and a little bit of rust lol

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Mike, so whats the difference between idle mode and standard mode???
    Jack