Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
MC.... Shackle idea
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MC.... Shackle idea

MC.... Shackle idea

MC..... I have no idea if this can be done or not. But As I am doing research on springs I was wondering if it was possible to make a shacle for a CJ that would accept a 2.5" spring. Kinda go from 2" to 2.5"

Kinda look like this:

........ ||......||
    ........ ||......||
    ....... //........\\
    ...... ||==== ||
    ...... ||..........||

The "dots" are for the spacing purposes, and the "=" would be the cross memember. The top would fit the stock 2" sping mount and the bottom would accept a wider 2.5" spring. As I stated above I have no idea if this would work or not.

Also on a side note. How do stock waggy springs comapre in lift to CJ springs. I am thinking when I go SOA if I use waggy springs will I gain any more lift, which I don't want.

-RJ
    1978 Jeep CJ-7 on Won-Tons :D Nv4500/4:1 SOA on ALCANS and mtr's

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    sure how many do you want? I am in the process of offering stainless steel conversion shackles that are waterjet cut, but its down the road a little
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Otherwise I think RE offers that shackle already, for their CJ lifts using YJ springs, don't quote me on that though...

Korn is right RE does offer that, but it may be the wrong width for your app
    [COLOR=#000000]

I saw the one on RE and the thing is if I go with 2.5" (Width) YJ springs with SOA the only ones they have are +1" lift. Umm.... I don't want any more then what I am going to get with SOA, so can this be done without the added lift? Is there enough room to still make them strong enough yet bow out wider?

-RJ

Yeah you can make them stubby and work for that app, when i get some time i will shoot you some numbers
    [COLOR=#000000]

Let me know... I am intrested. I Was also wondering something else while pondering this. Do stock CJ springs have more arc then stock YJ springs. I know Stock YJ springs are pretty mushy and flat, my CJ spring have a decent arc to them, If I used the RE 1.5" SOA springs is this about latteral move lift wise as using my CJ springs. I know I would have to move the front spring mount forward to accomidate them. Just wondering I want to keep my lift minimal to keep my COG down.

-RJ

RJ man are you dealing with variables here, yes the cj leafs are more arched than a stock yj............alot more
    [COLOR=#000000]

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepsr4ever
    RJ man are you dealing with variables here, yes the cj leafs are more arched than a stock yj............alot more
    I thought I read somewhere that YJ springs are a little longer.....Is this true? and with them less arched that would provide a softer and flexy ride.
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

yup Pyagid thats true
    [COLOR=#000000]