Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MC.... Shackle idea

Well my plan is to run the RE SOA springs (1.5 inch lift) wich are the same width as the YJ springs at 2.5 inches in the front compared to CJ springs at 2 inches, I was thinking of moving the front spring pearch forward. I am hoping that actually the RE springs will have less "lift" then my Cj springs bringing my COG down a tad. Every stock YJ springs I have seen is just about "flat" meaning no arc in either direction on flat ground. The added weight of the v8 in the front should compress these some more then netting me only about 4 inches of lift when I go SOA.

I would do this be moving the back hole of the front spring pearch to the forward hole then redrilling the hole for the front this would move me forward enough to ge them to fit and would be simple enough. Then I can use one of MC's shackles to adapt the pearch to fit the YJ spring.
    1978 Jeep CJ-7 on Won-Tons :D Nv4500/4:1 SOA on ALCANS and mtr's

Reviving this thread a little with a twist.

Got an idea from someone on EarlyCJ5 to use Dakota springs on the rear of my CJ. They are 54" long, with the locating pin only 22" from one end. The effect is similar to the Holbrook Long Leafs.

My prob is my early cj came with 1.75" springs. Would it just be easier and safer to weld up new shackle hangers or ask you to make a shackle that adapts from 1.75" to 2.5"??

Erik