Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Intresting D60 setup.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intresting D60 setup.

Intresting D60 setup.

What is different about how he is running this D60? I E-mailed the guy but haven't got anything back from him..... I wonder how it worked. He said he took 11 inches off it total!

And this..... intresting huh?

1978 Jeep CJ-7 on Won-Tons :D Nv4500/4:1 SOA on ALCANS and mtr's

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    a couple of notes here

1. he needed to clock his t-case to run an almost centered diff ot his front DS will run his tranny (personal experience)
    2. its overkill for his jeep because he cant runn a huge tire with that length of axle tube, and whats the point of a 60 swap when you arent going with a larger tire? maybe he is running 6:17 gears (who knows)
    3. Its been done lots of times, ive done it and been bummed out about the clocking and fact that you cant run huge tires due to the tires rubbing the springs
    3. nice work here looks like a garage pro! :)
    4. great pics!
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Good to know why NOT to do it. Axtually it looks like he found out the hard way. It looks like he re-did it:

Good site with some good info.... he has spent big bucks on this rig.

http://www.tpijeep.com
    1978 Jeep CJ-7 on Won-Tons :D Nv4500/4:1 SOA on ALCANS and mtr's

good site i agree! Yeah i guess there are two ways of learning, the hard way and the easy way but i dont like the easy way cause i like to explore the F-up!.........LOL
    [COLOR=#000000]

is that a hp ford 60? if he was to run it like in the 1st pic, hecould have just used a rear dana 60 and converted it with knuckles for the front, That is what i am currently building
    [COLOR=#000000]

The upper picture is a GM or Dodge standard rotation (low pinion) 60, the lower picture of 78304CJ-7's is a GM left axle tube, probably complete front end.

I dont know toy, that pinion offset to the left looks really like a hp 60, but i forget what the top of them looks like and i cant tell where the pinion is in that pic, you may be right
    [COLOR=#000000]

Helpfull BT forum member Swabie
    It looks as though it is a D60 out of a mid-eighty's K30HD/M800, because of the machining of the center section and location of the spring mounting surface & spring plate bolt hole's in the case.
    I have used both FW Chevy and Dodge axle's. But prefer the Dodge D60's, because of the mounting flange's and axle widths. So they do not have to be shorten, so you can run larger tire (39" to 44") without a problem rubbing the springs, radius and/or control arms, and can maintain a much tighter turning radius. It also helps with front locker binding on hard surfaces (i.e., rocks) and a better side bite in sand, mud and deep snow.

Later

Mark

Well put mark. I have a dodge 60 sitting right here but sadly its being sold with a whole 85' 1 ton dodge dumptruck for $1500.........oh well. I am thinking mogs soon or a 60 front but the last 60 front i went with bent the sh#T out of my springs, I use 6" lift springs, I need to start doing 4 link or 3 links
    [COLOR=#000000]

Helpfull BT forum member Swabie
    MC, With all of the R&D work that our Engine and Chaises Group has done, we find that a W-Four Link works the best. With the W-link you can utilize either coils & shocks, coil overs, and/or pneumatic springs, for articulation and stability on/off road usage's.

They are working on several other ideas at this time also.

Chewy was a test mule for several of thier ideas, before finely ending up with leaf springs at all four corners with no spring clips for better articulation. The new C104 Commando (Chewy II) that is being built for me currently will be using the W-link and pneumatic springs. So that I may make use of our self leveling cab technology, stay level while playing in those off camber situations....

Later

Mark