Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Jeep Lift - HELP!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jeep Lift - HELP!!

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepchick
    Oohhh a dateable!!! I’m 33 = so I think I’m looking in the 29-37 age bracket. Can’t go much younger – I then can’t stop thinking that “I could have babysat you & changed your diaper.” …and that’s just sick & wrong!! Where does this brother live?
    "Younger" brother is somewhere in the woods in Tennesee. After he retired, he wrote a little for National Fire Prevention magazine (he was a Damage Control Chief) and then took a job working with troubled teens. He spends most of the month in the woods with these kids. He gets to a computer about once a month The 'kids' have to build their own shelter and camp and then spend the month there. He's going by the handle 'Grizzly Adams' (our last name by the way), but he's outside your upper limit - I think he turns 41 in Jan :) He's a former power lifter and entered a couple body building contests. Haven't seen him in a year though?!?

Mudrat
    Age is a state of mind. If your mindless, age doesn't matter :lol:
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Quote Originally Posted by Mudrat
    Age is a state of mind. If your mindless, age doesn't matter :lol:
    So true, you start getting old when you stop living, when you slow down, and stop having fun. Or when your body gives up before you are ready.

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    Jeepchick, where were you when i was single, with no kids, with a running jeep, and a mopar musclecar to tool around in in the summer, oh well, lol. good luck with the lift project, i'd help, but i have to fix a shed this weekend.

Mudrat: First – he’s 41 and retired? Impressive!
    41 isn't old - will he give me crap for possibly babysitting me & changing my diapers? Wait - that didn't sound right.

Now are you sure he hasn’t turned into Grizzly Adams or the unabomber? j/k!! lol! Does he ever come out of the woods? LOL

Mrtazwrench – I'm sure I was dating some insensitive ass!! I've dated my share! :) I'm sure you had your share of chicks!! A shed takes precedence over helping with a lift, being fed & meeting about 15 Jeep-nerds? I see how you are! :) MC is going to be by for a bit in the afternoon. Thanks for the “good luck” wishes. I’ll post a photo when its done!! :)
    Cris
    Silly boys …Jeeps are for girls!!

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepchick
    Mudrat: First – he’s 41 and retired? Impressive!
    41 isn't old - will he give me crap for possibly babysitting me & changing my diapers? Wait - that didn't sound right.

Now are you sure he hasn’t turned into Grizzly Adams or the unabomber? j/k!! lol! Does he ever come out of the woods? LOL

Mrtazwrench – I'm sure I was dating some insensitive ass!! I've dated my share! :) I'm sure you had your share of chicks!! A shed takes precedence over helping with a lift, being fed & meeting about 15 Jeep-nerds? I see how you are! :) MC is going to be by for a bit in the afternoon. Thanks for the “good luck” wishes. I’ll post a photo when its done!! :)
    One at a time...
    1. He retired voluntarily at 20. He was the first one onboard COLE after the bombing with a damage control team to keep her afloat. He had some "disagreements" with the captain and chief engineer on the best way to do it. They almost lost the ship because they didn't listen the first time. He got fed up with politics and bailed.
    2. He comes out about once a month right now, just in time to 'change diapers?' I think his time is about up with this group - 2 years of living in the woods with a bunch of "troubled teens" would drive me over the edge. Especially when some of these 'kids' take swings -and worse- at the camp facilitators. Did I mention he's a pretty strong guy :lol: It's paid off a couple times when a couple guys tried to take ah.. 'physical advantage' of one of the female counslors - she quit avter a couple months.
    3. Grizzly maybe, unabomber-nope. He's a counter-terrorism kinda guy (followed his brothers foot steps there) with a very strong background in chem/bio warfare.
    4. I'd like to help, and love free food and beverage, but you're well over 1200 miles away :cry:
    Make sure your in the photo's!! :lol: Gotta have something to send to the lad when he emerges, and he's about to "winter over" again - he may need something to winter over with :P

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

WOW …I’m flabbergasted by all that background! I don’t think I’ve met anyone with that much of a history in the service!! And you mentioned “followed in his brother’s footsteps” What did you do?? WOW! Seriously – I find that kind of dedication & accomplishment outstanding!

My brother did that living in the woods (yeah he was a troubled teen). He did the “drop you off far, far away and you need to find your way back & survive”. He did a great job – and never got in trouble ever again.

“something to winter over with” – EEEEEKKKK!!! I don’t think that would be a photo of me! I have a great personality . hahaha LOL! PM me with your email and I’ll send you a photo from yesterday so you’ll know (tried out my new camera phone on my drive into work).
    Cris

After 25 posts did anyone say they will help you tomorow???

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Yeah actually i am going to help tomorrow
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

No. I got a lot of "wish I could but I don't live there" or "I'll watch" :)
    Actually I do have about 12 guys helping me from a local Jeep club. If you are around - come on by - you can watch! :)

Hey Mudrat - figured out how to post photos!! Here I am - yesterday - driving the Jeep and taking photos at the same time! YIKES!! Get OUT of my way!!

Cris

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    niceX
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689