Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Rear main Main oil bypass mods (post member pics here!)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rear main Main oil bypass mods (post member pics here!)

Rear main Main oil bypass mods (post member pics here!)

I was asked recently by a board member about this subject. This is a mod to supply additional oil volume to the rear main bearings and is usually only recommended for engines that will operate in the higher rpm range. I think MC can do a better job of describing the details of the mod than I can since it has been quite a while since I did this myself and he knows much more about AMC blocks than I do.
    I wanted to use the the stock metal valley pan gasket with my engine so I used brass fittings and a 3/8" steel line to make a low profile version that cleared the stock valley pan intake gasket. If I recall correctly I believe the 2 holes are drilled and tapped to 1/4"npt. The photos below show the details of my setup for anyone interested:

editied by jeepsr4ever

Thank you from BT Grease Monkey
    On the second picture, there seems to be a line with a fittin on the other side of the block.. what is that?

Looks to me like it's something on the floor, not the engine. Like an intake manifold. Might just be me though.
    1974 Jeep J10- 401, T18, D20/ Dana 60&70 locked running on 39.5 TSL's

Thank you from BT Gear Head
    Fill tube and water neck on an intake laying on the floor.
    In America, there is no natural, moral, or legal right, to obligate another person or persons, to your dept or desires.

I just pulled a block out of a 81 Wagoneer and the PO had done this mod to the engine. What would be the problem with it being in a DD as well as a off-road machine?

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    You can run a daily driver with this mod
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Here are some more pics.

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    and more pic

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    This is with the extra oiling for the indy race heads that need to oil through the rocker shafts
    The oil line on the back is reading the oil pressure at the back of the block.

That shore is purty, looks mighty spendy too

Quote Originally Posted by radamx
    This is with the extra oiling for the indy race heads that need to oil through the rocker shafts
    The oil line on the back is reading the oil pressure at the back of the block.

1969 Rebel 401 TH400
    1978 J10 401, QT
    1978 Wag 401 QT
    1973 Javelin AMX in pieces.