Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Rear main Main oil bypass mods (post member pics here!) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rear main Main oil bypass mods (post member pics here!)

I see that you painted the inside of the block, is there an advantage to this, or is it just because it looks really cool with the intake removed?

Quote Originally Posted by fuzz401
    and more pic

1969 Rebel 401 TH400
    1978 J10 401, QT
    1978 Wag 401 QT
    1973 Javelin AMX in pieces.

some of those are real nice lookin. mine is almost identical to woody's except mine is a steel line. i cut the front of the valley pan gasket to fit around the line and had to slightly dimple the heat sheild on the bottom of the intake to clear the arch in the line.

PKzJavelin

min dimbling to Valley gasket

brake line

im interested in doing this mod, but my engine is in the jeep, can I do it with it installed? I guess my main concern is the metal created from drilling.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Not a good idea
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT Ultra tech

Oling mod - SS hose?

I would be a bit worried about all that SS wire waiting to saw through each other & anything else that it touches & stuff falling onto the cam before making it into the oiling system. It looks pretty, but I prefer to use copper hard lines whenever possible.
    .................................................. .................................................. .........
    '69 BigBadOrange AMX 390. Former NHRA 'Hot Rod", 9.80s @ mid 130s. Hurst/Airheart front discs brakes.
    Nostalgia ProStock.

'71 AMX 401 w/5-speed Richmond RR trans. 4 wheel disc. 500++ HP. Nostalgia TransAm.
    .................................................. .................................................. .........
    mailto: dhoelcher@Comcast.net GPS: 41.78, -86.24

Just wondering on the oil mod. Is there a recommended diameter? I'm planning on doing the mod and am considering AN-8 fittings as well as
    the -8 proflex line.

Also, I am going with a 90 degree swivel thread to hose end fitting. Any issues with the height being a problem with the manifold?

Thanks!

Steve

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Steve anything over 1/4 but keep in mind that you will have VERY little room between the intake manifold baffle (if you have one) and the lifter adaptor (if you install the line). I know this is very critical on R4B's
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thanks for the info. I'm going with either an Air Gap or Torker, but plan on using the baffle to the oil splash down.

Steve

Thank you from BT Master Mechanic
    Painting the inside of valley is for quicker oil drainback and usually done with red crap....can't remember name of it(CRS).....have some at shop. It won't break down like paint might.