Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Oiling in your engine block...pics of block cut in half

Thread: Oiling in your engine block...pics of block cut in half

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar

Oiling in your engine block...pics of block cut in half

Here is show a engine block cut in half and you are looking at the oiling to the mains from the large oil galley that runs down either side of the lifter bore BUT ONLY oils the mains on the passenger side. When i drill mains out i use a .337 drill this makes the the main oiling hole larger by.018 it may not seem like much but it REALLY makes a difference. Not all blocks are born equal! ;) This is a pre 78 360 block (The thicker version)

here are the pics

[COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

The oil galley holes running down the length of the block are just over .500 ive seen them get to .505...it is possible to gun drill the holes larger, but i wouldnt suggest this as the lifter bypass line will take up the slack
    [COLOR=#000000]

Re: Oiling in your engine block...pics of block cut in half

[quote="jeepsr4ever"]Here is show a engine block cut in half and you are looking at the oiling to the mains from the large oil galley that runs down either side of the lifter bore BUT ONLY oils the mains on the passenger side.
    here are the pics

[/
    quote]

These Pictures are unviewable - and two are missing - can this be updated ? Did these pictures once feature click on to open in another window - to view the oil galleries >?

I too would love to see these and all other "missing" pix. The free picture host I use is http://www.imageshack.us

After you upload your picture you're given a choice of about 6 different URL's with which to link.....I always select the very last one (at the bottom). This features no pop ups/pop unders or any advertising (no cookies either)

The *ONLY* thing that they do is open another window for Yahoo's job service. I block that cookie and no longer see even that!

UPDATED with pics
    [COLOR=#000000]

I don't care what they say about you....you're all right in my book. Too bad the pages are all stuck together!!