Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Need Help

Thread: Need Help

Need Help

I am doing a V8 swap in a 1990 Wrangler. Right now I am doing a carbed 302, but with in the next two years I will put in a 5.0 out of a Mustang. Any way to my question......anyone have a good schematic for the wires at the bulkhead? I have looked and can't find any that tell them all. Normally it wouldn't be a problem, but a buddy cut all the wires, what I was going to do is keep them and use the ones I needed and then cut the rest out. The computer isn't in anymore either. Any help would be great. Planning on buying a harness when I do the 5.0. Thanks

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Wire clipper syndrome eh? Well dont feel bad ive done it before but the good thing is that your going to a carb 302 (right?) and wiring is very very basic for these. Basically what you need to do first is get a haynes or chiltons manual for your jep and look at where they came out of the firewall and where they went, you will have a butchers harness but with a little patients you can build your own......meanwhile your buddy can supply you with beer along the way for pulling such a Jacka## stunt
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Need Help

I have it running, but I don't like the way the wiring looks.....I have about 10 hours into it trying to make it look "nice" and it still doesn't. Also I have a bunch of extra wires that I can't figure out where they go......If he left more wire it wouldn't be a problem, but there is only about 2 inches from the firewall. I have a haynes manual as well as a chiltons......but neither do a very good job. I don't want to spend 60-80 bucks on a FSM when not much is stock anymore anyway. I guess what I need to find is an online link to a FSM for the wiring diagram.

Thanks