Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
I.H. PICKUP

Thread: I.H. PICKUP

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum

I.H. PICKUP

I'M GOING TO BE LOOKING AT A 70'S I.H. PICKUP, MY DAD'S COUSIN HAS IT HIS SON WAS GETTING READY TO SWAP A BODY OFF OF A 2WD BEFORE HE DIED SUDDENLY, HE WASN'T EVEN 30! ANYWAY I'M NOT SURE WHAT I'D DO WITH IT IF THE 2WD IS STILL THERE I MAY SWAP THEM AND WHEEL IT OR SOMETHING JUST TO HAVE SOMETHING DIFFERENT, I'M ASSUMING THESE HAD STRONG DRIVE TRAINS, I KNOW IT'S A HALF TON BUT THAT'S ABOUT IT. WELL IF I GET IT I MAY BE LOOKING FOR IDEAS.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Cool!! Yeah you can do alot with that pickup even with the drivetrain
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

YEA THAT'S WHAT I FIGURE, SO WE'LL SEE. I'M THINKING IF I SWAP BODYS DO A BODY LIFT RIGHT AWAY AND SEE HOW MUCH TIRE WILL FIT.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    yeah go for it Taz, not to often do you see an old IH like mine chugging down the road!.....LOL
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

I'LL SEE WHAT HAPENS, I CAN NEVER SEEM TO GET THINGS DONE LIKE I USED TO BEFORE WIFE AND KIDS, BUE THE OLDEST ONE IS 4 NOW, AND AT THAT AGE I WAS TRYING TO PUT THE TAIL LIGHTS TOGETHER ON MY DAD'S VEGA SO MAYBE HE CAN START HELPING NOW. LOL!

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    I say go for it, those old IH trucks are workhorses and will last quite a while. Let me know if you need some more IH info, I did a search a few weeks ago while looking for some rare IH knuckles for my Scout front dana 44.
    Jack

COOL, THANKS FOR THE OFFER, IT'S GOING TO BE A WHILE BEFORE I DO ANYTHING, TOO BUSY PARTING MY JEEPS RIGHT NOW.

My '80 IH 1210 shortbox stepside 4x4 (Canadian made with leftover parts) was a SUPER sweet truck! 258 AMC 6 cyl (stock) T85 trans with O/D and I think a Dana 20 transfercase (I didn't know much back then) with D44 and D60 axles.

well this project never got started, lost my dad's cousin to cancer over the winter truck is long gone, putting my efforts toward buying an 87 j20 on a farm auction this spring, and if that falls through i'm going to use the money to put into a clean wag that a former coworker has, needs a motor and had an engine fire needs holes filled where the wood trim was and a repaint, but it's a really clean body for mn.
    parting several FSJ'S